What's new

Recomendations

My friend is going to try DE shaving and wants a high quality soap. He said he likes orange/citrusy smells. Any recommendations? Preferably something on West Coast Shaving so he can get the free shipping over $35 for Father’s Day. Thank you.

Available on WCS right now are a few nice choices that hit your criteria:

1) TOBS Grapefruit;
2) TOBS Lemon Lime;
3) Stirling Satsuma;
4) Chiseled Face Grooming Santa Paula Citrus

Happy Shaving,

Rusty

Available on WCS right now are a few nice choices that hit your criteria:

1) TOBS Grapefruit;
2) TOBS Lemon Lime;
3) Stirling Satsuma;
4) Chiseled Face Grooming Santa Paula Citrus

Happy Shaving,

Rusty

Good suggestions! :a14::a14::a14:

Fine L’Orange Noir is another that might be worth considering for a different take on citrus.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
5-17-19.WideTorrey.Valencia.Kit.640.JPG

If he could get some of this he'd think he'd died and gone to heaven.

Declaration Grooming Trismegistus is also a take on Terre d'Hermes as is Fine L'orange Noir. I prefer the performance on DG. To note,.the bison base is very soft croap while Fine is a harder puck.

Other ones I would look at are: Ariana & Evans L'orange Verte and Mike's Natural Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper.

Also, for the classic AdP Colonia scent, check out Fine Italian Citrus.

Last edited:
Barrister and Mann seville set. Get the soap, aftershave, and edt. This is orangey/mossy, plus it’s made in the excelsior/deltus formulas.

Another nod for Stirling Satsuma or Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle if they're on there.

Also, Dr. Jon's Hydra has a good citrus scent. Not sure if any of them are on the site though.

Declaration Grooming Trismegistus is also a take on Terre d'Hermes as is Fine L'orange Noir. I prefer the performance on DG. To note,.the bison base is very soft croap while Fine is a harder puck.
Other ones I would look at are: Ariana & Evans L'orange Verte and Mike's Natural Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper.
My top 3, in order of preference:
DG Trismegistus
A&E L'Orange Verte
Mikes Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Looks like everything for that brand is sold out, even at the price point. Must be pretty good.

It's worth the hassle of figuring out the tricks to buy Grooming Dept when it is available. This thread discusses some of them, and other things related to the soaps such as scent. There's a mailing list and a Facebook group. Sometimes I just happen by the GD website and get lucky.

There are a lot of good soaps out there, but my favorites are all made by Grooming Dept.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom