What's new

Recently rejoined the game

I have been bearded that last two years... quite liked it, actually. But I did miss wet shaving. Now I have just partial facial hair (van dyke) so back to full cheeks, and most of my neck. Started back with a 70s superspeed. But the ball-end tech had always been my go-to, so I fired that up with a red personna blade and old school Palmolive shave cream (in the red and white tube... this tuff is a REAL treat!). The ball-end tech is still my #1. The 70s super speed is great, but for my money, the tech is every bit as close, and smoother with less irritation. YMMV

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Welcome back to Badger & Blade! :)

This site has had many newcomers to the shaving hobby since you left, I should know, I am one of them lol. I have fallen in love with DE shaving, and I am glad that you enjoy it as well.

Enjoy the journey!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Welcome back. Seems like you’ve solved the dilemma by sporting some fashion of facial hair, best of both worlds…same. A SR for me but I still go to those vintage Gillette’s on occasion, Super Speed being a favourite.

Welcome back to the forum! I took a four year break and grew a beard as well. Like you, I just shave my cheeks and neckline every other day. I still enjoy whipping up a lather and using a DE razor.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Welcome back! Bring a strong flashlight — the place is overloaded with rabbit holes.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Welcome back, I'm starting to sport a full beard myself, thinking of a van dyke!

I hope for your sake, you own a pair of clippers like my Wahl in my avatar, cause your going to need them, if your going to rock a beard. Keep the moostash hairs out of your mouth too, keep them trimmed up. I find using the number 3 guide comb works nice for trimming up beards. Good luck!

I wouldn't be fully bearded since it would keep me away from B&B and I wouldn't be able to shave which is something that I now love.
welcome back to the fun!
I hear ya. I really missed shaving, but really liked my beard. My current facial hair situation allows me some of both. My fat handled tech with derby blade is still my best setup. Edwin jagger super badger brush with a great soap/cream, followed up by abas. Great way to start the morning!

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I hope for your sake, you own a pair of clippers like my Wahl in my avatar, cause your going to need them, if your going to rock a beard. Keep the moostash hairs out of your mouth too, keep them trimmed up. I find using the number 3 guide comb works nice for trimming up beards. Good luck!
Well I'm not exactly gonna rock my beard, but I still have my Wahl clippers from the 1980's when I last sported a full beard. It holds 3 AA batteries, but will run on 2 AA batteries just fine...
20220501_074838[1].jpg

~doug~

Top Bottom