What's new

Recent Cream Acquisitions (with photos)

Got all 3 of these today. :thumbup:

The two Truefitt and Hill are 1805 and Trafalgar. Already mixed them both up with a knife and had the following observations:

1) While I can honestly say they were both perfectly described in reviews, I was off the mark on what to expect on scent. We'll see how they sit with me after a couple of shaves.
2) 6.7 oz tubs also...just as the T&H website shows for certain of their scents (most retailers seem to be only 5.8 oz tubs). Are these possibly NOS from before the switch to 5.8? I'm thinking this must be the case because if you observe in the photo, the respective boxes say 5.8 oz yet the tubs say 6.7 oz. :blink:

The Lucky Tiger was purchased from Shavely Manden (thanks for the fast shipping) in the B/S/T. I haven't used it yet either but can certainly smell the "sweet orange" scent when I open the bottle.

My last acquisition for awhile will be a nice brush and i've got to call it quits.

Post your recent cream acquisitions gents...pictures please!

Have had a touch of SCAD the last 6 months. Here are my most recent cream acquisitions. The EJ is the Sea Buckthorn.

After reading the reviews about Lucky Tiger shave liquid, I definitely need to get some! Let us know how it is.:thumbup1:

Will do...I plan to test it out sometime this week and possibly take some photos during the lathering process. I hear this stuff blows up with lather so even in hard water conditions it should be good.

It just says that all 3 scents are Sample Tubs and Available Soon. Won't let me add them to the cart. It's OK, I've got a 90% full tub of TOBS, 2 new AoS tubs, the 2 new tubs of T&H, and the 90% full bottle of Lucky Tiger. I'm set for a good while.

By the way, I used the 1805 this morning. It's a very loose cream in the tub and generates lather amazingly considering my hard water issue. I found it a bit dry so I had to add water once it was on my face and the lather was thinner and less opaque than I am used to but it was amazing. The scent fades a bit when you mix it and isn't as strong on the face but it reminded me of hot girls on the beach in their bikinis with fancy sunblocks on. Very fresh and ocean breezy.

2) 6.7 oz tubs also...just as the T&H website shows for certain of their scents (most retailers seem to be only 5.8 oz tubs). Are these possibly NOS from before the switch to 5.8? I'm thinking this must be the case because if you observe in the photo, the respective boxes say 5.8 oz yet the tubs say 6.7 oz. :blink:

Actually the opposite. Recently (I think about 4 months ago), T&H changed their "mainstay" scents (ie, 1805, trafalgar, w.i. limes, grafton, and new sandalwood) to be 190gm as opposed to 165gm. It's nice to see a company increase the amount of product they give you for the same prices instead of the usually decrease the amount and charge you more for it!

Actually the opposite. Recently (I think about 4 months ago), T&H changed their "mainstay" scents (ie, 1805, trafalgar, w.i. limes, grafton, and new sandalwood) to be 190gm as opposed to 165gm. It's nice to see a company increase the amount of product they give you for the same prices instead of the usually decrease the amount and charge you more for it!

If this is the case that is really SUPERB! The 1805 and Trafalgar scents are certainly both unique but I think I like them. They're not what I expected but they don't bother me at all either (at least not yet).

I will say that Salter's Indian Sandalwood I had smelled horrible to me from day 1 (nothing like AoS).

Top Bottom