What's new

Recent convert from cartridge to DE

This fall I decided to give a go at safety razors. I started off on the cheap with a SS curvy handled west coast shaving branded razor and a sample pack. I also began with Cremo green shave cream. It has been going well. In fact, I should have tried this out earlier.

after about a month or two I pulled the trigger on the finely finished Muhle R89 twist. This is slightly less aggressive to me than my starter razor. I only have a few shaved on it so far. I am liking the Astra green and a also the feather yellow blades. Probably going to stay with the Astras as they are comfortable and priced nicely.

I am on a binge with aftershave balms and creams now. I tried CC Land Ho. I get a little burning sensation when I first apply it. Maybe it is the fragrance and it being a fresh new jar. I contacted them and they are sending me some samples to see if it the fragrance. I have the sample aftershave balms and none of them gave me a burning sensation. I will say the cream was noticeably smooth and slick. I hope the Captains Choice will work for me. I liked the smell of their Venture,Nor Easter, and Sandlewood balms.

I now have Proraso green and TOBS sandlewood shave creams on the way. I am excited to try them. My wife likes sandlewood and eucalyptus scents.

I also picked up a Simpson synthetic brush last week. I will be looking for a bowl soon.

This fall I decided to give a go at safety razors. I started off on the cheap with a SS curvy handled west coast shaving branded razor and a sample pack. I also began with Cremo green shave cream. It has been going well. In fact, I should have tried this out earlier.

after about a month or two I pulled the trigger on the finely finished Muhle R89 twist. This is slightly less aggressive to me than my starter razor. I only have a few shaved on it so far. I am liking the Astra green and a also the feather yellow blades. Probably going to stay with the Astras as they are comfortable and priced nicely.

I am on a binge with aftershave balms and creams now. I tried CC Land Ho. I get a little burning sensation when I first apply it. Maybe it is the fragrance and it being a fresh new jar. I contacted them and they are sending me some samples to see if it the fragrance. I have the sample aftershave balms and none of them gave me a burning sensation. I will say the cream was noticeably smooth and slick. I hope the Captains Choice will work for me. I liked the smell of their Venture,Nor Easter, and Sandlewood balms.

I now have Proraso green and TOBS sandlewood shave creams on the way. I am excited to try them. My wife likes sandlewood and eucalyptus scents.

I also picked up a Simpson synthetic brush last week. I will be looking for a bowl soon.
Good on you. It seems you’ve discovered the rabbit hole. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself!
Just be careful, it can be a long way down but it sure is fun👍

also the feather yellow blades

Welcome to the forum. The Feather blades are the same blades in the yellow and black packages. The difference is the black package has 5 blades and the yellow package has 10.

Congratulations on mastering the Feather blade after only a few months. I was back to DE shaving about 6 months when I first used a Feather blade. I now use them exclusively.

Welcome. You're using some of my favorite products. I love the CC products and Land Go is my favorite scent of theirs. My three Favorite soaps in order are Tabac, Proraso Green and Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood (more of a soft soap I guess). Happy Shaving.

Welcome, I am only about 11 months in and enjoying it. I have very sensitive skin and have had good luck with Soap Commander shave soaps.

Top Bottom