What's new

Received My Sutliff Great Outdoors PIF

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395026594.843867.jpg
And this is what I got!! I posted this over in the Stock Exchange too but it wouldn't let me post a picture for some reason so I'm posting here too!

Ok, just got home from out of town to receive my wonderful PIF, Sutliff Great Outdoors, so generously given by captaincaveman. What I wasn't expecting was to receive nearly a pound of other tobaccos in an amazing assortment, all of which I have never tried before...about 30 different blends in all from English to Vapers, Virginias to Aromatics, and of course the wonderful bag of Great Outdoors!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for this generous PIF captaincaveman. I have tried 6 blends total to date, so this is going to be a most helpful assortment of samples to try and I can't wait to get started. It's been a long weekend so I'm going to turn in early but I'll be sure to post my impressions on the Sutliff G.O. Just as soon as I get a chance to enjoy a bowl.

Thanks again for this AMAZING PIF !!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I first came to the Brown Leaf, a certain member (who wishes to remain unnamed) set me up just like this. He sent me a dizzying variety of tobacco so I could find my niche. It is good to see the tradition continues through captaincaveman. I hope that one day I will be able to do the same. Giants walk amongst us on B&B.

I knew we were keeping that caveman around for a reason :thumbup:

Thats an awesome variety! You've essentially got a "sampler" on your hands, which isn't something you can just go out and buy when it comes to pipe tobacco either!

Now I know you'll enjoy all of that, so saying that much is redundant. Who wouldn't love getting such an awesome suprise ! But in all seriousness that big of a variety will most assuredly help you on your path to finding some "go-to" blends that you enjoy, or atleast figuring out what individual tobaccos you like/dislike.

A big high five to captaincaveman!

Thats an awesome variety! You've essentially got a "sampler" on your hands, which isn't something you can just go out and buy when it comes to pipe tobacco either!

That's exactly it. Nobody sells a sampler like that, which is exactly what new pipe smokers need. You can put together a "sampler" out of an ounce or two of each of your choices from any online tobacconist (at great cost), or go to a B&M and maybe sample one bowl every time you go, but I wish someone would sell a sampler like that.

When I started I bought a "sampler" from these guys:
http://www.milantobacco.com/milanpipetobacco.htm
They send an ounce each of 4 aromatics, 2 English, and 2 non-aromatic, I guess picked randomly. In hindsight the price is barely any less than if I had picked out an ounce each of my choices, and I wouldn't have had to get so many aros. One of my two #1 favorites was among that assortment so it still worked out well and I will get around to buying a bunch of it from them in the future...but I'd rather have received a bowl or two worth of each of their blends than an ounce of each of a small subset.

This guy offers an ounce each of your choice of 3 blends for just $7 shipping
http://www.sterlingtobaccoco.com
I'm going to order from there to get 3 blends deeper into exploration. Despite my large variety I know I haven't come near enough to having explored each general flavor category to settle into any kind of routine yet.

Top Bottom