What's new

Received my order of 17 samples from Maggard. Here are my wife's descriptions.

Here are all the samples I bought. Her descriptions were so odd that I decided to write them down. The only ones she liked were TOBS Jermyn St, TOBS St James, And TOBS Almond. I did a blind test. She had no idea what any of them were. She laid in bed with a sheet over her eyes and just smelled. It's odd that she liked only one brand but she is a TOBS girl I guess. I hope none of these descriptions are offensive to anyone. Her descriptions totally ruined some of them for me. I'll write my favorites after her descriptions.

Scent Descriptions
-------------------------
Barrister & Mann Cheshire: lemongrass
Barrister & Mann Seville: Dad-like
TOBS St James: Clean Sex
TOBS Jermyn St.: She loves it. Favorite scent ever, her aphrodisiac
TOBS Eton College: Very neat old man
TOBS Almond: Her moms shampoo when she was growing up, very nostalgic
TOBS Avocado: Ocean/ pine trees. Kinda girly
TOBS Grapefruit: Pine needles, plant-like
Caties Bubbles Fouet L'Orange: Ginger tea
Caties Bubbles La Piment de la Vie: Laser Tag, dry ice, or fog
Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee: Dimatap medicine with an after smell of corroded battery
Chiseled Face Orange Creamsicle Soap: Clean (specific race of) people
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber: Middle school bathroom
Chiseled Face Sherlock: Lawn-mowed grass deodorant
Castle Forbes Lime: Pepsi carbonation
Cella: Smells like nothing, very faint
LA Shaving Soap Co. Vanilla Eucalyptus Mint: Toothpaste

I actually liked quite a few from the bunch. My favorites were:

*LA Shaving Vanilla Eucalyptus Mint
*TOBS Almond
TOBS Jermyn St
TOBS St James
*CF Lime
*CB Orange
*CB Coffee
CB LPV
B & M Seville

* is my top 5. My aftershave is TOBS Jermyn Street and my wife goes crazy for me when I wear it. When I opened the cream she smelled it before it got to her nose. She loves the stuff. I would have rated it higher probably but i'm pretty used to it now.

Also, my #1 favorite of all time is still TOBS Mr. Taylor.

$IMG_20151226_152241.jpg$IMG_20151227_194154.jpg$IMG_20151227_193952.jpg

Also, when deciding to buy these samples, don't go based off of her descriptions. I wonder what I would have smelled with a blind test. Because when I smelled Castle forbes lime, I smelled lime. And Caties Bubbles orange smelled like orange tic tacs. And the Irish coffee was bomb, I don't know what she was thinking.

When you describe your wife's reaction to the Jermyn Street scent, I imagine an Axe body spray commercial!:lol:

No joke, that's what it is like. She doesn't really care for many smells, and she isn't very affectionate or touchy-feely. But when I put that aftershave on, she smells it from a mile away and tries to eat my neck. haha.

I hope others get the same sort of outcome from this scent.

Just goes to show you. Noses vary. "Pepsi carbonation" for Castle Forbes lime? I love it! Sounds like you both had a great time reviewing...

Enjoy the candid scent descriptions. Made me laugh. I don't understand how anyone can get anything other than graprfruit from TOBS grapefruit though.

No joke, that's what it is like. She doesn't really care for many smells, and she isn't very affectionate or touchy-feely. But when I put that aftershave on, she smells it from a mile away and tries to eat my neck. haha.

I hope others get the same sort of outcome from this scent.
You need to write TOBS and get you and your wife hired for a commercial or advert!!

If I ever found a scent that got that reaction from SWMBO I'd buy nothing but it and in ridiculous quantities... :w00t:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Good for a laugh! :lol:

"Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber: Middle school bathroom"

She musta gone to a tough school, where there are gunfights in the bathroom ... our middle school bathroom smelled like kids' cigarettes!

AA

Glad I checked out this thread. I didn't know where to order samples from. Just put an order in! Thanks.

No problem, Maggard was recommended to me by another member. They have great selection and prices. They also sent the package super fast. I'll definitely be a repeat customer. What did you order if I may ask?

Castle Forbes lime and lavender, TOBS almond and coconut, LA shaving vanilla eucalyptus mint, Edwin jaeger cooling menthol
variety.....it's the spice of life!

I think you will end up liking all of those, excellent choices. I didn't try castle forbes lavender or Tobs coconut but I'm sure they'll be bomb. I think I'll try shaving with LA shaving vanilla eucalyptus mint next. I absolutely loved the scent.

I always get my wife's opinions on any new scents, too, so it's interesting to know your wife's thoughts.

I think you may have just sold a bunch of the TOBS Jermyn St. :001_smile

Last edited:
I always get my wife's opinions on any new scents, too, so it's interesting to know your wife's thoughts.

I think you may have just sold a bunch of the TOBS Jermyn St. :001_smile

Loved her descriptions. Excuse me while I order some TOBS Jermyn St. :blush:

Talk about quick service, I placed my order yesterday and get the email today its shipped.
My wife's weakness is a smooth face!
I'll try that tobs next batch for sure.

Top Bottom