What's new

Received my order of 17 samples from Maggard. Here are my wife's descriptions.

Well, I just ordered a new brush and right before checkout I couldn't resist adding a TOBS Jermyn St to my cart. :lol:

I've been wanting to try TOBS creams anyway, but have never been able to decide which scent to go with, so the results here seemed to be as good of reason as any to start with the Jermyn St... results to follow.
:001_smile

Last edited:
It'll be a good one to start with, but they do have a ton of great scents. I'm interested to see what you guys think. My buddy came over today and smelled my samples and he chose to buy a tub of Jermyn St as well.

Their green apple does not have great reviews... But I absolutely love eating green apples and love the smell. I am super tempted to just snag that sample as well.

I'm gonna shave with "toothpaste" next. Honestly it was one of my favorite scents of the lot. She says toothpaste because that's what mint reminds her of. She doesn't even like real toothpaste. But the scent was really good in my opinion.

This is why I'm afraid to buy any mint scented...anything. That, and most of them have menthol, which I'm not particularly fond of. A nice spearmint (or any other than peppermint) would be appreciated. :/

It's a sweet spearmint, which for me, brings to mind chewing gum, rather than toothpaste.

It is my understanding that menthol is a natural component of mint. I'm pretty sure that every mint soap is going to give you some face tingle.

It's a sweet spearmint, which for me, brings to mind chewing gum, rather than toothpaste.

It is my understanding that menthol is a natural component of mint. I'm pretty sure that every mint soap is going to give you some face tingle.
Yeah, but I'd feel better if they didn't have to list it as an ingredient, I guess. I don't think mint extract lists menthol as an ingredient...nope, though it's 89% alcohol. lol
I guess I'll give it a shot if it turns out I don't like the Kiss My Face Mint I've got on order now. It's not that I dislike the face-tingle, either. It's more the smell...kind of hard to describe.

Yeah, but I'd feel better if they didn't have to list it as an ingredient, I guess. I don't think mint extract lists menthol as an ingredient...nope, though it's 89% alcohol. lol
I guess I'll give it a shot if it turns out I don't like the Kiss My Face Mint I've got on order now. It's not that I dislike the face-tingle, either. It's more the smell...kind of hard to describe.

I tend to dislike the menthol smell, as well. I really wish that more aftershaves were menthol-free.

Top Bottom