What's new

Received my Muhler R-106 today!

I ordered my first DE razor on Christmas eve and it came in the mail today. It was ordered from The Superior Shave and came in perfect condition. Also received my 30 GSB blades and a sample of Sampson's shaving soap and AS. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning*!!!!

*That is a big deal for someone who suffers from severe depression.

Been there, brother. Depression can be pretty rough, (I wanted to use harsher language there, but then I remembered where I was...) and people who haven't experienced it have a tough time really understanding it.

Glad you found something that helps, mate.

Been there, brother. Depression can be pretty rough, (I wanted to use harsher language there, but then I remembered where I was...) and people who haven't experienced it have a tough time really understanding it.

Glad you found something that helps, mate.

Thanks!

Enjoy the shave! Let us know your review.

You will have to remember that I have only shaved with a DE razor twice thus far but with an OC 1928 Gillette single-ring.

The Muhle/GSB combo is so much more amazingly smooth and not really much less close than the Gillette. I am amazed by the finish on the Muhle it is as good as something you would pick out at a jewelry shop. The smoothness of the head combined with the forgiveness of the GSB is very nice. The razor even with its larger head is very well balanced.

I am curious to see how a week with this razor goes, so far after the first day with it, I have had the best shave of my life.

Can't believe I'm the first person to say this but, We need pics please :)

Congrats on the new gear and if you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to PM me. The longer you are here, the more you will see this is one big happy brother/sisterhood. In fact, if the depression gets bad, you might start a thread. There are a lot of people here and I think you would be surprised at how many would lend an ear and words of encouragement.

I got an R106 for Christmas too. It's just like my Edwin Jagger de87 but a different color. Great razors. Enjoy!

We pretty much go GAGA over any pics, regardless of perceived quality :)

I've always liked the black handled Muhles. Almost bought one, now I'm kinda wish I would have.

It is perfectly balanced and the contrast between the black resin and the unbelievable chrome is just stunning in person. Even the wife thought it was amazing. And that says a lot.

It is perfectly balanced and the contrast between the black resin and the unbelievable chrome is just stunning in person. Even the wife thought it was amazing. And that says a lot.

Have you tried to convert her to DE shaving yet? A lot of members report back that it's a lot easier to buy things when their significant other enjoys the hobby as well.

Have you tried to convert her to DE shaving yet? A lot of members report back that it's a lot easier to buy things when their significant other enjoys the hobby as well.
Man ain't that the truth. My girl complained when I bought my Merkur 23c, soap, blades, brush, etc. Now that she shaved with the 23c and I made it our hobby instead of my hobby, she is down to let me get an ATT or Ikon razor. Go figure.

EDIT: She wants the rosegold R89.

Last edited:
Top Bottom