What's new

Received my Blackland Tradere!

My order received after 6 days of purchased!
I haven’t used it yet but I have to admit it is a beautiful razor, Thanks to Shane for bringing Tradere back for everyone!🙏

To be honest I got a little upset with the base plate as it had some scratches and a couple of small marks felt that it’s been used. Apart from that looks great .

I will try and see how the razor performs!

Attachments

• 7171DC8D-C521-48C5-B143-D35A3C41A317.jpeg
    7171DC8D-C521-48C5-B143-D35A3C41A317.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • C4F3ECC9-299B-4D04-9EE2-EBD674D3E55D.jpeg
    C4F3ECC9-299B-4D04-9EE2-EBD674D3E55D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • E6E78EA2-1559-4009-8FB4-098194AEAE93.jpeg
    E6E78EA2-1559-4009-8FB4-098194AEAE93.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 117
I know that’s why I went with him, he already asked me to send him an email straight away!
The razor is amazingly solid.
Gonna try it soon and see how it goes with the shave.

email
Shane has a great guarantee, and superb costumer service!

I’ve done my first shave with Blackland Tradere, please don’t jump on me I know a lot of people would say one shave is not enough to make a statement. This is my first expression.
You would definitely feel the luxury on this razor there is a nice blade feel on it while you are shaving but at the same time it is smooth. This razor demands your time and attention if you give those to it the result and overall performance would be Top notch.
The only thing that I wasn’t hundred percent comfortable was that extra weight which I might get used to it.
I used a fresh Personna blade which Shane send it kindly with the Razor as an extra touch.

I am looking forward to do more shaves with Blackland Tradere to see whether it deserves the five star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ or not.

Cheers guys!

Attachments

• 11480EF2-80A2-4C8B-A18C-F42CABCE12D4.jpeg
    11480EF2-80A2-4C8B-A18C-F42CABCE12D4.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 30
An update with Blackland Tradere

It is an awesome razor beautifully made and high quality craftsmanship.
For me would be the best if I was doing every other day shave. Found it a bit aggressive as a daily driver.
I bought Razorrock game changer 0.84 as well as Rex ambassador.
For me among all the razors I’ve tried Rex ambassador beats them all I put it on number 1 and gives me nice effortless shave on a daily bases. But I do like Blackland Tradere I might use it as my travel razor.

Cheers

An update with Blackland Tradere

It is an awesome razor beautifully made and high quality craftsmanship.
For me would be the best if I was doing every other day shave. Found it a bit aggressive as a daily driver.
I bought Razorrock game changer 0.84 as well as Rex ambassador.
For me among all the razors I’ve tried Rex ambassador beats them all I put it on number 1 and gives me nice effortless shave on a daily bases. But I do like Blackland Tradere I might use it as my travel razor.

Cheers
A travel razor? Is that the best use for a Blackland Traders razor?

Everyone’s skin is different what works for me might doesn’t work for others. Traders is an awesome Razor for someone who shaves every other day I believe.

I've been wondering about getting a Tradere. I would get the solid bar, if I did.
I was fortunate to get an SB from the first run. I shave daily and it is a are day when I’m home and use a different razor.

It took a few shaves to get used to the extra weight and the longer handle. Over time I migrated to a steep angle which works even better for me.

I would not hesitate on purchasing the SB when it becomes available again. You don’t see too much written about them but I attribute that more to the limited quantity than anything related to performance or style.

I have both of the original Traderes and while I haven't had any experience with the Blackland edition (would love to, for comparison, but that's just not in the cards right now), I trust their reputation for precision enough to suspect that experience can carry over.

The weight does take a little getting used to, as you say. And requires you to really stick to light pressure technique. The SB is a little more forgiving (as would be a gen 2 OC, but the Blackland is based on the gen 1 OC, IIRC), but once you get used to the OC, it becomes difficult to reach for anything else.

I will second @Bobby68's trying different blades. Before getting a Tradere, I was an Astra SP fan, but that blade just wasn't great in the Traderes for me. The Astra SS was immediately better. Super Iridiums (both Wizamet and Polsilver) are also great, as is the Kai (makes it even slightly more aggressive, you may or may not like that just yet). Recent additions to my collection of blades are the King C Gillette and German Wilkinson Sword Classics, which both perform very well. A Feather in a Tradere OC will cut anything that gets too close, so I might recommend holding off on that experiment until you're used to the weight of the razor, hehe.

Top Bottom