What's new

Really tried to love my RazoRock Lupo DC, but .....

One of my favorite razors is my RazoRock Lupo .72, so I thought it would be a great idea to buy the DC and see how I would enjoy it.
But, alas, I just couldn't find the same joy with it as I do with the .72. The open comb side wasn't working as well as my Old Type OC
head, and the straight bar .95 side wasn't anywhere as comfortable or efficient as my .72. We all know that this wonderful hobby is very much a "YMMV" experience, so even though it's not a razor for me, there are tons of folks out there who really like it.
So, ..... instead of trying to sell the Lupo DC (on its really nice Bulldog handle), I'm donating it to the upcoming Sue Moore auction.
Gentlemen, please bid high for this beauty ----- One of you can get a terrific razor on October 19.

FA7E4549-3379-433F-9010-2FA95589F231.jpeg
87E02CC2-59BC-4A44-856F-3754B5CF1112.jpeg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
One of my favorite razors is my RazoRock Lupo .72, so I thought it would be a great idea to buy the DC and see how I would enjoy it.
But, alas, I just couldn't find the same joy with it as I do with the .72. The open comb side wasn't working as well as my Old Type OC
head, and the straight bar .95 side wasn't anywhere as comfortable or efficient as my .72. So, ..... instead of trying to sell the Lupo DC
(on its really nice Bulldog handle), I'm donating it to the upcoming Sue Moore auction.
Gentlemen, please bid high for this beauty ----- One of you can get a terrific razor on October 19.

View attachment 1327224View attachment 1327226
Very generous contribution, Adam! It’s certain to get lots of bids.

So, ..... instead of trying to sell the Lupo DC (on its really nice Bulldog handle), I'm donating it to the upcoming Sue Moore auction.

So, I was the lucky winner of the aforementioned Lupo DC and thought I'd scrawl a quick update (TLDR - I like it!). Razor arrived safe and sound in as new condition as promised. It was accompanied by a nice blade assortment and a handwritten card with above average penmanship. Adam is a gentleman and a scholar.

Little background: I am a big Italian Barber fan and am currently smitten with my GC .84 and Mamba 70 - can easily get smooth 2 pass with touch-ups shaves with either. I had the IB website on my laptop's background for months waffling b/w the Lupo .95 and .72 or possibly the DC (for the novelty mostly). After much research here I decided any Lupo probably couldn't be that much better than my current IB favorites. I joined B&B several years ago in part because of the auction, and believe it was serendipity(ous?) that Adam's generous DC contribution showed up on the block on 10/19/21.

Anyhoo... 1st DC shave last night:

Razor: Lupo DC
Blade: Big Ben (3rd or 4th use)
Brush: Fine Stout synthetic
Preshave: Quick rubdown (face only) with no name glycerine soap similar to Musgo Glyce
Soap: Franken - probably vintage Williams mushed in with a long forgotten, now nearly scentless croap in an Old Spice mug

Results: DFS after 2 passes (WTG/ATG) and a few touchups. Fiddling with the head geometry and optimal angle between the different sides contributed to some hesitancy in areas and resulted in an overall longer shave than usual. The dual comb forced me to concentrate more (maybe a good thing?) than my usual mindless shaves. The highly maneuverable head made short work of hard to reach places. For me, it's a keeper. I hope trying to master its subtle but present DC mojo will make me a better shaver in the long run...

So, I can't really add much more to what's already been said about this unique and well-made razor in other threads. Hope I didn't derail this one too much. Thanks again Adam!!

So, I can't really add much more to what's already been said about this unique and well-made razor in other threads. Hope I didn't derail this one too much. Thanks again Adam!!

Great write-up ! Thank you for your kind words. I hope that, with further experience and technique refinements, you will enjoy the razor more and more with each shave. I’m very happy to hear about your initial good thoughts. One of the most enjoyable aspects of our wonderful traditional shaving hobby is the opportunity to try new things and expand our horizons. Have fun with the Lupo DC.
Stay safe, stay healthy, and happy shaving !

Last edited:
Top Bottom