What's new

Really nice shave mugs/bowls

i cracked my first shave mug ever (bummer) the other day, and water is leaking out. so i decided i wanted a new receptacle for my soaps, and one for the english creams i have.

anyone that's a member of B&B that's lucky enough to have an IKEA store anywhere near them need look no further for a fine mug/bowl/receptacle. they have them in every imaginable style, color, and material. porcelain, ceramic, stoneware, lacquered wood, glass, stainless steel, you name it they have it.

i went to the store a few towns over and got two small 3-inch porcelain bowls for my soaps and a nice 5" stoneware bowl for my english creams. total price for all three? under $7.50. effective? you bet, and really quite stylish as well.

the website has a limited show of what they offer; believe me, it would be best to check out a store first hand, but here's a link anyway.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/index.html

best groomings,

Shane

Thanks for the tip! I think the wife will be happy when I don't use "her bowls"! :mad3:
With that in mind what is the best material to get? Ceramic? Different materials for the "lather bowl"? Please advise.

Thanks all!

George

hedliniv said:
Thanks for the tip! I think the wife will be happy when I don't use "her bowls"! :mad3:
With that in mind what is the best material to get? Ceramic? Different materials for the "lather bowl"? Please advise.

Thanks all!

George
as far as looks go, anything you pick is sartorially correct, but they all have their advantages. porcelain is a bit more expensive than ceramic and stoneware but is light and pretty durable. the ceramic and stoneware are also durable and quite cheap. their clear glass is rather thick as it is meant for kitchen use, so trying to break them apart would require a lot of force. the lacquered wood bowls are made of birch and look amazing. stainless steel is always a good choice, especially if you like to build hot lather with an english cream, or just as a bowl to fill with hot water and keep your brush warm.

Shane

I used to use a stainless steel mixing bowl, and it just didn't keep my lather even remotely warm. I now use a stoneware bowl and it works MUCH better. . .just my 2 cents.

mrob said:
I used to use a stainless steel mixing bowl, and it just didn't keep my lather even remotely warm. I now use a stoneware bowl and it works MUCH better. . .just my 2 cents.
I've had the same poor luck with stainless.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I love Ikea. Where were they when I was in college?

The only problem I have with them is the ridiculous names of their products- krak, flem, dik, jit, barf. I swear they've got someone on the payroll making this crap up.

Top Bottom