What's new

Real Shaving Co.

Howdy

Body care,a shop within The Fort shopping centre, Glasgow, Scotland is selling The Shaving Co. Professional Shaving Cream and a balm at one pound and 48 of her majesties pennies each. Tried them and think they are good. Manufactured by Creightons, which, I am led to believe makes creams for leading English makers (3 T's ?) Less than 3 quid for the 2 items, less than third of the RRP at Boots.
Has anyone else tried these products

Russell

The Bluebells are blue

I tried the self heating mask cream which was supposed to replicate the effect and feeling of a hot towel treatment. It didnt.
:mad:

In America, we can buy that stuff at our local drugstore (RiteAid, etc) for about 5 or 6 bucks, I think. I've never tried it but I have heard good things about the cream.

I just got some of the "moisturizing" variety on sale recently. I can't complain. It lathers pretty well, smells ok (think grapefruit and deodorant), decent lubrication, only problem is that it doesn't moisturize at all for me.

I have fairly dry skin and most products don't manage to moisturize, this one's no exception.

I just got some of the "moisturizing" variety on sale recently. I can't complain. It lathers pretty well, smells ok (think grapefruit and deodorant), decent lubrication, only problem is that it doesn't moisturize at all for me.

I have fairly dry skin and most products don't manage to moisturize, this one's no exception.

You could try adding a few drops of glycerin. Might help. You can buy a bottle of it at Wally World for about 3 bucks.

Hi
Been using RSC cream in conjunction with Col. Conks soap. Quite luxurious and is a slick lather. Sort of hands across the ocean! British cream / USA soap. Also, in Scotland we have some of the softest water, downside, too bloody much of it falls from the sky!

Russell

Creightons also make a range called 'Natural Grooming', I think for Asda. It performs just the same as RSC cream, and the ingredients are almost identical except the NG cream contains brazil nut oil instead of tea tree. The fragrance is different, smells woodsy to me, whereas the RSC cream smells green like cucumber and salad dressing!

abbiegailsgifts have both these creams at a good price, but the site is UK only.

Last edited:
I have a tube of the "moisturizing" version. It lathers really well, and I think is very comparable to TOBS in terms of overall performance.

The scent is somewhat unique, and not as luxurious as TOBS; still considering in the us, it is about 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost of TOBS, this is a very nice quality cream for the budget minded consumer.

I have no complaints against it, beyond not being in love with the scent. :biggrin::tongue_sm

By the way, don't bother trying the "Daily Facial Scrub". It has ground up walnut shells in it, and feels like you are rubbing sand, or light grade sandpaper into your beard. Not a pleasant experience at all!! It left my face feeling raw, and throbbing for about an hour after using it; it promptly ended up in the trash! :lol::lol:

Top Bottom