What's new

Real dilemma

I use a mixture of soap and cream, pretty much 50/50, with the soaps I enjoy including MdC, SV, Valobra (I only have a limted quantity left) and vintage Old Spice and Yardley. However, for the last few years whenever I've used a cream it's been Speick just about all the time. It's a great performer and not much more expensive in the UK than many of the budget creams which, for me, are nowhere near as good.
I was on the point yesterday of ordering a couple more tubes of Speick, for the princely total of £9 delivered, when I thought I fancied a change, just for the sake of variety. However, if I do try a different cream then it must perform at least as well as Speick, which not many I've tried in the past actually do. One which did was Musgo Real, which I used to use quite a lot.
But here's my dilemma. I stopped using Musgo Real when the price jumped suddenly a few years ago, for no obvious reason, which made me feel the manufacturer was trying it on. It's still very expensive as far as I can see; about four times the cost of Speick and very similar weight for weight to MdC, which lasts far longer. So, do I stick with Speick, ignore my reservations and buy some Musgo Real, or is there some other really top notch cream I've missed?

Speick is also my favorite cream, but have you ever tried Ach. Brito Lavanda? Similar to Musgo, but with a lavender scent.

1616791499627.png

Also, for hot weather, there is the wonderful menthol Italian Palmolive Rinfrescante. Nicer than the other Palmolives, with a mild soapy scent.

1616791604740.png

Lavanda is terrific in all respects. I've got one more tube of Musgo and I'm switching completely over to Lavanda. La Toja is great too, but I think I like Lavanda a bit more.

Top Bottom