What's new

Ready to take the next step

I know you mentioned that you do not like the aesthetics of the Blackland razors, but I pre-ordered the Blackland Era razor, received it last week, and I am enjoying it very much. It is a 3D printed stainless steel razor (first I have heard of this) and the design prevents blade "chatter." I do not own a Tatara razor, but this is a feature they promote on their website to reduce irritation. I do own two Henson Razors, one mild, and one medium (which is still very mild). Henson's design allows for a very small portion of the razor blade to be exposed, and also prevents blade "chatter." Sharpologist has a review of both Henson models. Aesthetics are subjective, but I can personally recommend the Blackland Era as well as either of the Henson razors.

If you are interested in something a bit different, and provides an excellent shave, I can recommend the Maxwell June razor. It resembles the Gillette Trac II razor from the 1970s/1980s. It is an aluminum razor, that uses a special loading device to break a DE blade in half and load it into the razor's head. I have worked that one into my rotation and I have been enjoying great shaves from it. Maxwell June is trying to target men and women that are transitioning from cartridges to DE blades. Good luck.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Given that you've actually read enough and still haven't seen the answer.
If we were to suggest more razors now, maybe instead of expanding your options, we'd increase your getting lost.

Sometimes the options don't appear, just because the next razor that really inspires your enthusiasm hasn't come along yet; so relax again, take your time and enjoy the razor you have...is not bad.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Of the razors you mentioned as potential next purchases, I would recommend a Karve OC, perhaps plate C or D.

One razor you didn't mention was the RazoRock Lupo. I have the RazoRock Game Changer .84 SB and I find the Lupo razors provide a closer, more comfortable shave.

The Maxwell June razor looks really interesting. I'm interested to hear what others think about it.
The Sharpologist review is what led me to the Maxwell June. Initially, I was experiencing some inconsistency how blades loaded into the razor. I reached out to Rob, the founder, provided feedback, which lead to improvements in the loader. I helped him test the loader's redesign and I think the loader issues have been resolved. It is much more consistent and the razor shaves wonderfully.

It sounds like they are receptive as well as responsive to customer feedback, which is good! How does it compare to other razors, in your estimation?

It sounds like they are receptive as well as responsive to customer feedback, which is good! How does it compare to other razors, in your estimation?
Maxwell June's target market are those individuals that are transitioning from cartridges... similar to Leaf razor. That being the case, the razor is forgiving, very intuitive to use, and the shaves are wonderful. It does not have a pivoting head like the Leaf, but it does allow users to cut-down on the amount of plastic waste that is being dumped into landfills. It is very difficult to compare to other razors, because it is not a DE razor. The Henson razor is very mild and appeals to new wet-shavers and experienced wet-shavers alike. I think Rockwell's 6S (plate 3), Razorock's BBS, and the Maxwell June fall into that category.

I also shave daily. My first unnecessary step into the pursuit of a beautiful razor was a brass Karve. No regrets, could easily have stopped there for life. But razors interest me and I've tried ATT, Timeless, Carbon, Yates, and Blackland. But for reasons that are beyond my ability to defend, I enjoy using Wolfmans and Charcoal Goods above everything else. Enjoy exploring for yourself what brings the greatest pleasure to use.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their contribution/feedback. Been a bit busy in the last few weeks so put my "perfect" razor hunting on hold. I was about to pull the trigger on Timeless the other day when I read somewhere that when the blade is loaded, it's sticking out on the sides. Is that true? That would absolutely be the deal breaker for me. As much as I like my Rockwell and the shaves that I'm getting from it, I hate (hate, hate) the fact that the blade is not completely covered. Not only it does not look visually appealing to me but it also makes cleaning and changing of the blade process somewhat uncomfortable. So can someone confirm, please (pics would be greatly appreciated). Thank you!

Timeless are really nice razors. I prefer the design of the slim as the head is not so big. Here's a couple of pics. The blade has about one or two mm proud.
Imagepipe_18.jpg
Imagepipe_17.jpg

Top Bottom