What's new

Ready For Another OC razor

Is there a difference in the Piccolo and the Grande...other than the handle size?
The Piccolo handle feels very similar to the Gillette Tech ball end handle, which I find very slippery and the Piccolo even more so when water gets in the vertical piped lines. I prefer the better controlled feeling I get with the Grande handle. The Piccolo is solid while the lighter Grande is hollowed out. Handles aside, I enjoy both my Fatip's which have perfect blade alignment and a certain Italian charm in its imperfect and shiny plated brass finishes.

View attachment 1655081
My one literally "out of the box" when I first got it.

The finish can be excellent or not so, but as they are Italian hand made brass I just think it adds to their charm.

Some will say they have alignment issues. Never had it with mine, and it seems to only take a few seconds to adjust.

A lovely shaver.
Anything different about the Piccolo "Special Edition"? I see that it comes with OC and SB plates. I like the color.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Anything different about the Piccolo "Special Edition"? I see that it comes with OC and SB plates. I like the color.
I know that Fatip were having a problem with the plating on the early SE. I don't know if they sorted it out or not. Perhaps some one with more knowledge could give us more information.

I know that Fatip were having a problem with the plating on the early SE. I don't know if they sorted it out or not. Perhaps some one with more knowledge could give us more information.
I have a brand new Fatip Grande in nickel that started to tarnish after its first shave and has only gotten worse, so, no, I don’t think Fatip has improved anything about their plating.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have a brand new Fatip Grande in nickel that started to tarnish after its first shave and has only gotten worse, so, no, I don’t think Fatip has improved anything about their plating.
I've had my Piccolo for while now and it's starting to get like a pinky hew to it where the brass is starting to show through. Personally I think it will look better with all the coating gone, as it will look more vintage 😉.

Top Bottom