What's new

Ready For Another OC razor

I've built a really solid relationship with my Gillette New LC. I would like to get into another OC razor, something in the modern era. NO before anyone says it, I have nothing at all against vintage, just interested in throwing a modern razor in the mix.

Was looking at the Fatip il Piccolo. Seems like lots people in these forums jump up and down with excitement while commenting about those. Being comfortable in the use of the Gillette New, would a Piccolo be a punch in the neck?

Open to any suggestions! Thanks in advance! You're all awesome...honestly. =)

I've built a really solid relationship with my Gillette New LC. I would like to get into another OC razor, something in the modern era. NO before anyone says it, I have nothing at all against vintage, just interested in throwing a modern razor in the mix.

Was looking at the Fatip il Piccolo. Seems like lots people in these forums jump up and down with excitement while commenting about those. Being comfortable in the use of the Gillette New, would a Piccolo be a punch in the neck?

Open to any suggestions! Thanks in advance! You're all awesome...honestly. =)
The Fatip Piccolo is an excellent choice and a fantastic shaver!

About $20-25 US Dollars, an all brass Italian made Classic!
IMG_20221007_204849768.jpg

Every collection should have one!

There was a Mk1 Piccolo which was made till about 2015. That was very aggressive, or it seemed to have the reputation.

The post 2015 Piccolo Mk2 had it's blade exposure reduced by about 30% it seems to have smoothed it out.

I find it a very efficient yet forgiving OC.
Is there a difference in the Piccolo and the Grande...other than the handle size?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
There was a Mk1 Piccolo which was made till about 2015. That was very aggressive, or it seemed to have the reputation.

The post 2015 Piccolo Mk2 had it's blade exposure reduced by about 30% it seems to have smoothed it out.

I find it a very efficient yet forgiving OC.
Interesting. The oc forks look so
Long. I like the vintage look too.

The head is the same.

The Piccolo is a little heavyweight, at around 70+gms.

I enjoy the Piccolo handle the most, but the Grande is a good handle if you prefer more perception of control if that makes sense.
Makes perfect sense. I see they also have slants, not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to give a slant a try. Not yet, anyway.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
If light weight doesn’t bother you, you might take a look at the PAA Filament, if they are in stock at the moment. My wife permanently borrowed my first one, so when they became available again, I bought a second one.

Now, I haven’t used it yet but will soon. Others here have and the reports have been good.

lasta

Blade Biter
Fatips are beautiful, smooth and very efficient shavers. But personally, I don't have the patience to align the blade every time. Some people will tell you they don't mind, but it is a problem.

I'd recommend looking into RazoRock, Parker or even Yaqi for modern OC's.

I got this a month or two ago and loving it:

Top Bottom