What's new

Re-pinning question

The “stepped” collars are ( in my opinion) a lame nod to the bullseye collars used mostly on larger W &B razors. There are better ways to recreate this look without it being comical.
And as to the inside washers, no slight to doc, I believe it’s less about “air “ as it is about not scratching up the shafts on more desirable razors , or higher end razors where they’re normally found and not seeing scratched up shafts and keeping them clean. Just look at their use on Goldedges for example. Without the inside washers the gold shafts would be horrific without them. Scratched up to no end. No, it’s keeping the razors clean. And contrary to slash , it’s a simple business to keep the razors solid and functioning well with the washers in place. In my opinion, they ‘kinda work better if you know what you’re doing.

so what I'm understanding here is if I make a kickass set of scales, there are plenty of nice people on here who can pin them for me? :c9:

This is what a Wade & Butcher looks like with Honey Horn scales & a 7/8th razor with bull eye washers, and only just fits the coffin box that they come in as this one had the bull's eye washers already and reused.

Is each bull's eye washer in the photo a stack of individual washers or a single piece?

I just assumed a single piece but after reading about stacking individual washers, I am no longer clear.

Is each bull's eye washer in the photo a stack of individual washers or a single piece?

I just assumed a single piece but after reading about stacking individual washers, I am no longer clear.

That one they are stacked washers that were used on the Orignal, the only thing I replaced was the scales and pins. But as @mycarver said you can now get a set that's made from one piece.

That one they are stacked washers that were used on the Orignal, the only thing I replaced was the scales and pins. But as @mycarver said you can now get a set that's made from one piece.

Does a modern one piece version offer any functional benefits over the original method of stacking washers other than needing to hunt down multiple sizes of washers?

Top Bottom