What's new

Re-Newbie Checking In (I forget why I quit using DE razors)

Check in from Ohio. I found my way back to DE shaving after developing an allergetic reaction to a chemical found in foam shaving cans. Every time I shaved, my lips would burn and swell up for days. It turned out that sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, (an industrial detergent) was the ingrediant I was reacting to.

Anyway, I didn't have any idea what to do, so I was using Dove handsoap for months while continuing to use my multiblade razor. This was of course not working out to well, so I continued to research solutions. I'm now had my 4th real DE shave with a RazoRock Mission, Omega S brush, and Valobra hard soap and I'm never going back.

Hello and welcome, BJ Rose. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Check in from Ohio. I found my way back to DE shaving after developing an allergetic reaction to a chemical found in foam shaving cans. Every time I shaved, my lips would burn and swell up for days. It turned out that sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, (an industrial detergent) was the ingrediant I was reacting to.

Anyway, I didn't have any idea what to do, so I was using Dove handsoap for months while continuing to use my multiblade razor. This was of course not working out to well, so I continued to research solutions. I'm now had my 4th real DE shave with a RazoRock Mission, Omega S brush, and Valobra hard soap and I'm never going back.
what shave cream did you use before realizing that the ingredients in current shave cream were affecting you, and why didn't you just go back to that shave cream?

Top Bottom