What's new

Re-learning shaving with my straights

I fell out of the habit of even semi-regular shaves due to being pretty much housebound for such a long time, and when I did shave I was grabbing one of the DE's instead. Over the course of that time, I also dropped a not small amount of weight. I finally reached for one of my straights again, and discovered that with the weight loss, my face had changed shape enough that most of my angles were a bit off from what they used to be. lol Took a good 3 or 4 shaves (and a few nicks and small cuts) with straight razors to learn the new contours. I'll have to stay in practice more often, I guess is what I learned. Which is also good, since I have such a stock of shaving soap some of it is possibly going to dry out and be no good before I get to it. lol

Sorry to hear that you have been sick. I am sure you will adjust to your new facial shape quickly and it will be old hat before long. :)

Well, there is something positive, anyway.

Shaving, for me, is therapeutic. I don't have to think of anything but the preparation and getting a great shave. That's why I like drama free razors and soaps.

Top Bottom