What's new

Re-knotted with G5B AP Shaveco

AP ShaveCo Blue Lagoon re-knotted with G5B

IMG_20221020_100408.jpg

This is the second brush that I have redone with this knot. After fixing my previous brush, that I wasn't thrilled with, I found myself craving to fix another that I felt was lacking a bit. Originally the brush had a Silksmoke knot. It was good but my taste in a brush is changing.

I absolutely love this brush now and I am thrilled with the outcome.
This particular brush was easy to re-knot because the original bristles were glued in with silicone. Once I started hacking it was easy to pull it out of there.

I'm finding the backbone and scrubbiness combined with enough softness to be a perfect blend.
This is a great combo for both bowl lathering and face lathering and when you put brush to face it feels fantastic.
This knot whips up the lather quickly and holds it but also gives it up on your face without any struggle. It is much denser than anything I have other than my Simpson T3.

As I progress with my shave experimentations my tastes are changing.
For me this was the next evolution in a shaving brush. It's a wide world out there but this is the path I'm on today.

AP ShaveCo Blue Lagoon re-knotted with G5B

View attachment 1542601

This is the second brush that I have redone with this knot. After fixing my previous brush, that I wasn't thrilled with, I found myself craving to fix another that I felt was lacking a bit. Originally the brush had a Silksmoke knot. It was good but my taste in a brush is changing.

I absolutely love this brush now and I am thrilled with the outcome.
This particular brush was easy to re-knot because the original bristles were glued in with silicone. Once I started hacking it was easy to pull it out of there.

I'm finding the backbone and scrubbiness combined with enough softness to be a perfect blend.
This is a great combo for both bowl lathering and face lathering and when you put brush to face it feels fantastic.
This knot whips up the lather quickly and holds it but also gives it up on your face without any struggle. It is much denser than anything I have other than my Simpson T3.

As I progress with my shave experimentations my tastes are changing.
For me this was the next evolution in a shaving brush. It's a wide world out there but this is the path I'm on today.

That's a beauty :badger:

Top Bottom