What's new

Re-Deployment PIF

How do I get the veteran badge? I've got the service down (one enlistment in the Navy), but was unaware that there was a badge system. (Edit, working on the badge now).

Anyways, I've got a neighbor headed off in a six month tour and am putting together a Safety Razor kit for him and would love to include the safety razor you've got here (what better way to burn time over there but than with a relaxing shave/learning to use a safety razor).

Best thing about the military?

Instant brothers (and sisters). You're military friends are the ones that go ahead and make coffee at your house when you're out, they raid the fridge too, they'll call you at 3am for a drive to the airport and they'll drive a few hours out of their way just to say hi. They know the value of friendship and even the guys you weren't close with while you were in will buy you a beer if you cross paths.

I once got stuck on duty the night before a ski trip that I got invited to last second. All it took was a text to my buddy asking him if he could get me some chains and bam he looked up my tire size, drove to NAPA, drove to the base and put the chains in my backseat. He also lost the receipt and would only accept a six pack as repayment.

I am not sure if military service just attracts people like this, or if deployments and reploynents and surges cause a change in us.

Last edited:
I'm in! I love knowing that we are all bound together and when we are in need of help, we are there for each other, no matter what service.

I'm in.

I joined to help people and fix things, and have enjoyed the opportunity to lead Soldiers because of the diversity of problems you work through in those positions, and the feeling you get when you have set someone on the right track.

I'm in. And deployed presently... Great idea on the PIF.. I may just follow suit when I'm on my way home in a few months..

So what do I love about the military? The military affords it's members the opportunity to break away from the world they are accustomed to and engulfs them in a world where they must find themselves.. Furthermore, it provides a venue to excel and rise above, regardless of ones past and social status...

Take all of that all with a grain of salt... The military does use you ( deployments, family separation, long hours, relatively low pay )... There is lots of sacrifice! ... Use it too ( college, VA benefits, travel, training, etc. )

I'm in!

I have two favorite things about being in the military. One of which I realized more more recently than the other.

First: The community is incredible. While there are always a few folks out there having a bad day, in general we are all there to support each other to get the job done. Whether the job is to organize a big training evolution or to make sure you find the bad guys and make it snow in GITMO (bring the seized cocaine to Guantanamo Bay) - we're all in it together.

Second: This is an organization where you are able to help people in so many different ways. I spent tons of time making sure my guys had what they needed to take online college courses while we were underway. I've also helped schedule ships to be able to get home in time for Christmas and other holidays when it was possible. Very rewarding.

Thanks for the PIF, sir, and good luck to everyone!

Im in, Thanks for chance at great PIF. I liked getting to play with some awesome toys. like howitzers and machine guns and mortors.

Assuming you will ship to FPO I am in.

For me the best thing about being in the military is how much you can appreciate everything you have back home because of the deployments. Not having all the things you take for granted every day makes you appreciate it more once you finally get it back. Nothing quite like a little luxury after a stint in the suck.

I'm in. I love that some of the things I was I trusted with straight out of high school would have never happened in the civilian world

I've put in for my badge, I didn't realize it was a thing. I'm in for sure! I miss all the traveling and SUSHI EVERYDAY when in Okinawa!!! Plus the rush of launching an F/A-18D in the middle of a cold clear night.

I'm IN. One thing that I love is the opportunity to convert the next generation of military wet shavers. As an instructor, I get to introduce this hobby/obsession to my students, which is something I wish someone would have done for me over 11 years ago. If I win, this gear will go to towards making them some starter kits. The coffee will be an added bonus to help keep them AWAKE in class! Thanks for the opportunity. Stay safe.

Last edited:
And the winner is.........JrReyes. I enjoyed reading all your comments. I like many have stated, really enjoy the commodore and brotherhood found in the military. I also like looking back on my day (may seem ordinary) after shooting, jumping, rappelling, walking in the woods, etc. and saying, "damn, I've got a pretty cool job".

And the winner is.........JrReyes. I enjoyed reading all your comments. I like many have stated, really enjoy the commodore and brotherhood found in the military. I also like looking back on my day (may seem ordinary) after shooting, jumping, rappelling, walking in the woods, etc. and saying, "damn, I've got a pretty cool job".  

Top Bottom