What's new

Razors with max blade exposure but with min blade gap

Carbon original plate. For me, the gap is smaller than a charcoal goods lvl 2 but I get more blade feel. Another is the haircut and shave PO76, it’s definitely a step up from the carbon in blade feel. My face just didn’t connect with the blackbird.

R

romsitsa

You are definitely looking for a LeCoq caged head, maybe a Danborg or Barbasol. Or you can sand back the teeth of any Old type style razor.

You are definitely looking for a LeCoq caged head, maybe a Danborg or Barbasol. Or you can sand back the teeth of any Old type style razor.
The Old Type already gives a very enjoyable shave. I have ruined an Old Type already when trying to shorten the teeth :-(

I now have a Leresche that look likes a Single Ring but has a slightly different teeth geometry. The inner teeth form a small blade gap. But did not use it yet.

Thanks!

Was this measurement done by a forum member then?

I'm reading about the extreme exposure and small gap.
Compared to my other razors, it's a smaller gap but not exactly a "very small" gap when discussing "minimal gap with high exposure".

I've got one on the way so I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Again, memory serves me it was by a member.

Reactions: nav
Picking up this thread again: other modern razors that might have small blade gap with some blade exposure:

Timeless Slim O.5
Karve Overlander
Lupo 0.58

Blackbird!!

Such a tiny gap, which would generally not even get me to DFS.

However, with the large exposure coupled with zero blade chatter, this beast has become my #1 razor and daily driver for my 4 pass shave (W, X, A, A).

It has blade feel for sure, but not harsh nor menacing. It's just that I can feel the blade on my skin, that's it.

It will however slice off any skin blemish one may have. Luckily, I rarely get skin blemishes.

Since getting the blackbird about a month ago, I haven't used another razor!

Blackbird!!

Such a tiny gap, which would generally not even get me to DFS.

However, with the large exposure coupled with zero blade chatter, this beast has become my #1 razor and daily driver for my 4 pass shave (W, X, A, A).

It has blade feel for sure, but not harsh nor menacing. It's just that I can feel the blade on my skin, that's it.

It will however slice off any skin blemish one may have. Luckily, I rarely get skin blemishes.

Since getting the blackbird about a month ago, I haven't used another razor!
Really regret that I did not buy a Blackbird during Black Friday :-(

• Sad
Reactions: nav
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't that description referred mostly to razors that work with shallow angles?
I would say with a large blade exposure you can go both in either ways, shallow or steep. But both require a solid technique. My theory is that with a small blade gap small changes in angle does not affect much the degree the blade attects the skins when applying a steep angle..

I would say with a large blade exposure you can go both in either ways, shallow or steep. But both require a solid technique. My theory is that with a small blade gap small changes in angle does not affect much the degree the blade attects the skins when applying a steep angle..

The only razor in my collection that comes to mind with a positive blade exposure and with basically no blade gap is my Schone/Fatip and that razor works best with shallow angle. I have lots of razors with a good amount of exposure and I don't remember using any of them with shallow angle. I guess I was lucky that none of my 40 + DE razors aren't one of those, but I obviously can't speak for every DE razor in existence. I have no problem shaving with both shallow or steep angles, but to me steep feels more natural and more convenient and easy to use compared to shallow, which feels forced and not as intuitive, but I still get fantastic results nonetheless.

Fatip v1 is my recommendation. No gap whatsoever and all blade exposure you want.

Steep angle… not my cup of tea, though…

Sıhhatler olsun

Top Bottom