What's new

Razors with blade feel similar to a Timeless SB .95?

You have some great razors in your den. If you want to stay with new razors, the Blackland ERA Level 4 SB may fit your needs.
View attachment 1419559
Razor: Blackland Razors ERA Level 4 SB
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and Retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

The Charcoal Goods Gen 3 Level 2 fits all of your criteria - except that it's a brass razor.
View attachment 1419565
Razor: Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 2
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave: TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito

If you want to take a walk on the vintage side, I'm Gillette a big Gillette Tech fan. The Post-War Fat Handle Tech offers excellent blade support (no blade 'chatter'), minimal blade feel, highly nimble & maneuverable, and, when used steep with minimal & appropriate pressure, medium+ efficient, highly smooth and medium+ effective.
View attachment 1419554
Razor: Gillette Post-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

Also vintage, the Gillette Goodwill razors are magic, but there is more blade feel.
View attachment 1419556
Razor: Gillette Goodwill Reverse Stud 175 (Canada) (CG Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Fragrance: La Rive Hitfire Man

Hope this helps. :)
I might have to get me one of those Gillette Techs as it does look pretty nice for a vintage razor!

have already tried the Karve CB.. not really a big fan.
Agreed about the Karve CB! Also agree on the Game Changer (have 3 versions)

The smoothest razors I have every used with little blade play and are still effective.
-PAA Meta-4 hands down!
-Homelike Start
-Razorock BBS OC (assuming the others are as well)
-Rotbart Mond-Extra

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The ATT CM1 will have you examining it to see if it's somehow cutting whiskers without a blade. I'd say it feels considerably more smooth and mild than the Timeless 95. (Yes, I have used the 95 OC a good bit and like it.)

12-29-21.CM1.SS-NILJade.640.JPG

Mine's pictured on an aftermarket handle.

The newer SSMR should be very similar in feel. Although I've not used it, I've used the CR1. The SSMR should be half way between the CM1 and the CR1.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I always sound like a broken record here. If I were you, I'd look into the Blackland Vector or the Executive Shaving Co/Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution. I love my Claymore Evo.... and I love the whole Artist Club blade strategy... you want to change the efficiency? just pick one of 9 blade choices.... pretty simple. Blackland has the Stainless Steel models back in stock at the moment.

Timeless SS share the same vice-like blade clamping & blade curvature with the RR BBS series of razors ( made of 316L ss ) .There are multiple plates to choose from .

I think the razorock 316L SS BBS would be a great choice. You can hardly feel the blade on that razor IMO.

I always sound like a broken record here. If I were you, I'd look into the Blackland Vector or the Executive Shaving Co/Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution. I love my Claymore Evo.... and I love the whole Artist Club blade strategy... you want to change the efficiency? just pick one of 9 blade choices.... pretty simple. Blackland has the Stainless Steel models back in stock at the moment.
Yes you do!! :jump:
1647787983354.png

Top Bottom