What's new

Razors with blade feel similar to a Timeless SB .95?

I currently have 4 razors which are the Timeless 95, Blackland Blackbird, Rex Ambassador, and Gamechanger 84.

After using these razors for awhile I have come to the conclusion that I prefer a razor with little to no blade feel. Do you guys happen to know what razors would be similar or comparable to my Timeless? I love this razor so much that if I lost it I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one the same day. Already tried a Feather AS-D2 but it didn't appeal to me. The Gamechanger 84 is also a beast and I love it. People say there is some blade feel on this razor but I don't hardly notice it at all.

Not really a fan of adjustable razor so I am probably going to get rid of the Ambassador. For the Blackbird I know alot of people love this razor but don't think it is for me because it is a blade forward razor and although it doesn't appear that much aggressive to me, the blade feel of the razor just ain't doing it for me. I do want to try out the Karve Overlander but am waiting until they come out with a stainless steel version. Let me know your thoughts guys and thank you very much.

The Timeless Ti .95 SB is the smoothest, least blade feel razor I’ve tried. And I have a rotation of the Timeless Ti .95, WR2 1.25, WR2 1.35, WR1 .74, as well as the H&S 17-4 P076. All aforementioned razors are SB. The closest I’ve found is the Gillette Goodwill #160, but it’s not quite as efficient as the Timeless. The other razors are slightly more efficient than the Timeless, but none are as smooth.

Last edited:
The Timeless Ti .95 SB is the smoothest, least blade feel razor I’ve tried. And I have a rotation of the Timeless Ti .95, WR2 1.25, WR2 1.35, WR1 .74, as well as the H&S 17-4 P076. All aforementioned razors are SB. The closest I’ve found is the Gillette Goodwill #160, but it’s not quite as efficient as the Timeless. The other razors are slightly more efficient than the Timeless, but nome are as smooth.
Yeah I love my Timeless 95. Will probably get a Wolfman someday but so far the Gamechanger 84 has also been an excellent razor which is quite similar in the blade feel I am looking for when it comes to smoothness.

lasta

Blade Biter
Be careful though, vintage razors is a deep rabbit hole.

After purchasing these for <$30 each, and a bit of cleaning/polishing, I really can't justify multi-hundred dollar new razors anymore.
20220122_003925.jpg

20220212_154900.jpg

20220121_224342.jpg

idlefish-msg-1644893740282.jpg

Charcoal Goods Everyday. It has zero blade exposure. For a razor with a slight blade exposure and more efficiency try a Charcoal Goods Level 2. Both are smooth as butter. I would have to say the Level 2 is on par with your Timeless though perhaps a bit smoother.

I have all four of your razors though my Timeless is Ti. Of those, I like the Timeless a lot.

Last edited:
Charcoal Goods Everyday. It has zero blade exposure. For a razor with a slight blade exposure and more efficiency try a Charcoal Goods Level 2. Both are smooth as butter. I would have to say the Level 2 is on par with your Timeless though perhaps a bit smoother.

I have all four of your razors though my Timeless is Ti. Of those, I like the Timeless a lot.
I would consider the Charcoal everyday razor but not really fond of brass. This is the only reason I haven't gotten the Karve Overlander to try out since I am waiting for it to come out in stainless steel.

Karve Christopher Bradley B or the C plates.
I have already tried the Karve CB.. not really a big fan. Still waiting for the Overlander to come out in stainless steel to try it out.
Might want to consider a Yates 921-M. Excellent performer with not too much blade feel.
Never heard of the Yates before. This is something I am going to have to research and possibly try out.

I have already tried the Karve CB.. not really a big fan. Still waiting for the Overlander to come out in stainless steel to try it out.

Never heard of the Yates before. This is something I am going to have to research and possibly try out.
Yates makes a fantastic razor. They have selectable plates M, H, and EH and they shave great.....smooth and efficient. The Yates wit H plate is my favorite razor.

Timeless SS share the same vice-like blade clamping & blade curvature with the RR BBS series of razors ( made of 316L ss ) .There are multiple plates to choose from .

Timeless SS share the same vice-like blade clamping & blade curvature with the RR BBS series of razors ( made of 316L ss ) .There are multiple plates to choose from .
Currently already have the Gamechanger 84 and it is pretty smooth like the Timeless. Have yet to try the BBS but one RR razor is good with me.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I currently have 4 razors which are the Timeless 95, Blackland Blackbird, Rex Ambassador, and Gamechanger 84.

After using these razors for awhile I have come to the conclusion that I prefer a razor with little to no blade feel. Do you guys happen to know what razors would be similar or comparable to my Timeless? I love this razor so much that if I lost it I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one the same day. Already tried a Feather AS-D2 but it didn't appeal to me. The Gamechanger 84 is also a beast and I love it. People say there is some blade feel on this razor but I don't hardly notice it at all.

Not really a fan of adjustable razor so I am probably going to get rid of the Ambassador. For the Blackbird I know alot of people love this razor but don't think it is for me because it is a blade forward razor and although it doesn't appear that much aggressive to me, the blade feel of the razor just ain't doing it for me. I do want to try out the Karve Overlander but am waiting until they come out with a stainless steel version. Let me know your thoughts guys and thank you very much.
You have some great razors in your den. If you want to stay with new razors, the Blackland ERA Level 4 SB may fit your needs.
20220303_142102~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors ERA Level 4 SB
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5 and Retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tallow + Steel West Indies
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

The Charcoal Goods Gen 3 Level 2 fits all of your criteria - except that it's a brass razor.
20220105_141059~2.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 2
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave: TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito

If you want to take a walk on the vintage side, I'm a big Gillette Tech fan. The Post-War Fat Handle Tech offers excellent blade support (no blade 'chatter'), minimal blade feel, highly nimble & maneuverable, and, when used steep with minimal & appropriate pressure, medium+ efficient, highly smooth and medium+ effective.
20210420_195050~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Post-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (5)
Brush: AP Shave Co Elegant Emerald (24mm Synbad Knot)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal

Also vintage, the Gillette Goodwill razors are magic, but there is more blade feel.
20210407_183030~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Goodwill Reverse Stud 175 (Canada) (CG Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Craving Shaving Debris Handle (PAA 24mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Lather: Musgo Real Classic
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Fragrance: La Rive Hitfire Man

Hope this helps. :)

Top Bottom