What's new

Razors Using Half DE blade

I’m thinking of trying one of these half de blade razors. I’m aware of the Twig which is supposed to be quite mild and the RR Eco and Yaqi Katana, both of which are, I understand, quite aggressive. Are there others I should consider?
thx

The Broman razor uses half DEs and pivots. The Leaf also pivots and is an excellent head razor although for my face I prefer the Twig over the Leaf.

Eric

Rocnel SE
1621973318534.png

I’m thinking of trying one of these half de blade razors. I’m aware of the Twig which is supposed to be quite mild and the RR Eco and Yaqi Katana, both of which are, I understand, quite aggressive. Are there others I should consider?
thx
I have these 3 and none is any good for me. Wasted $.

I had the RR Eco, it was ok but I didn't care for it in particular, I traded it with a friend who liked it a lot - to each his own.

I have several iterations of the Focus R48 (original, later (more aggressive), and EVO). I can get a very smooth, very close shave, but not without at least several nicks & cuts. I'm pretty close to giving up on them.

Personally I found the focus r48 to be a nice mild razor with half a treet SS blade. Same for the yaqi katana and yaqi raster/ Excalibur. I really didnt lime the RR eco, just to big and rough on the face for me.

I purchased the Twig. I used an included Leaf blade for the first week and am now using a GSB. I am enjoying using this razor. It is relatively intuitive. It’s mild and easy to handle on the upper lip under the nose. I have been easy DFS+ shaves with it. The slight drawback with it is that it is so easy to use that I got careless during one shave and got a pretty good nick. My own fault but the razor still requires one to pay attention to what he’s doing.

I didn't like the Focus R48 at all. I can't use a pivot with pressure. It's just not how I shave. Also, you can't use presplit half DE blades. You need the resulting crease from breaking a blade yourself. It shouldn't be a deal breaker, but it wasn't what I wanted.

I like the RR Eco, but one MUST find the best blade for one's face. I used the Permasharp SE first, and HATED IT. I thought the razor was at fault. Then, I tried a Euromax Platinum SE, and LOVED it. The Shark, Crown, and Racer SE blades are nice too.

Top Bottom