What's new

Razors that you had a chance to buy and regret you didn't

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have long dreamed of owning a Darwin; that dream has afforded me many years of enjoyment which would be lost if ever I acquired one. Likewise I have had more fun trying to find again that which I missed, than if I had actually purchased. The only disappointing razors I have ever tried were ones I had purchased, those that got away have never let me down. That is what I keep telling myself anyway.

I likewise have passed on multiple opportunities to buy RS-10 at severe markup. I just can't get myself to do it, regardless of how much $$$ I have in my shaving fund stash.
Saw one listed on another forum yesterday for $850 just because its no longer being made!! I would think that by that standard a BBS-1 should reasonably fetch $2500-3000 on the open market then?????:jump:

Saw one listed on another forum yesterday for $850 just because its no longer being made!! I would think that by that standard a BBS-1 should reasonably fetch $2500-3000 on the open market then?????:jump:
I saw that.... I am all about "you can always ask, and the buyer can always say, no thanks" but yeah, even I found that excessive. The buying community will ultimately decide, but I can't think of another time when I felt "I hope it doesn't go for anywhere near that price." Just being honest.

Bought a Bottom Dial on the ‘bay’ for a BIN of $39, then the seller must’ve been bombarded with messages. He canceled the order and offered to sell it to me for $800. I declined.
Yikes, I’ve seen similar things happen before. Seller posts an item for dirt cheap and then they withdraw it from the ‘bay’. They then cast their line out again with a ridiculous price thinking the someone will bite. Its sleazy if you ask me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yikes, I’ve seen similar things happen before. Seller posts an item for dirt cheap and then they withdraw it from the ‘bay’. They then cast their line out again with a ridiculous price thinking the someone will bite. Its sleazy if you ask me.
It is sleazy. Or worse.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
a 5 position Bottom Dial Fatboy some years ago. I thought it was a 9 position Bottom Dial, what I have. When I noticed my mistake it was too late. I am still very angry today.
Ugh. Yeah, that would still sting. Sorry my friend.

When I first got into traditional shaving I saw a funky art deco looking razor at a antique store for 40 dollars and passed on it not knowing what a Darwin was. Thought they were asking to much , what a dope I was.

I saw that.... I am all about "you can always ask, and the buyer can always say, no thanks" but yeah, even I found that excessive. The buying community will ultimately decide, but I can't think of another time when I felt "I hope it doesn't go for anywhere near that price." Just being honest.
Less than 24hrs later and already down to $650 and I would assume it will find its way down to an even smaller number in the next 48 hrs!!

If I miss out because I am not yet knowledgeable enough, or otherwise too slow, I never look back - no regrets. But when I have researched something and make the decision to pass, and then reassess value vs desire and change my mind and it's too late, then I regret. For me, that was the original, numbered version of the iKon Deluxe OC. Eh, bien...

Tom

Sometime back there was an ATT S1(slant) for sale at the BST for 85/-. At that time I was toying my new RR Wunderbar and due to some unexplained reason I was feeling lazy to pull the trigger and after 24 hours boom ...its gone.
Now every time I remember that I kick my self.

Top Bottom