What's new

Razors similar to Stirling

Hello all,

I purchased a Stirling Soap Co. Razor earlier this year with both plates. I found the standard plate to be perfect for me. I am sad to say that they have sold out and when I reached out to Rod, he’s said that he is not planning on another run anytime soon.

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for another razor that has a similar shave for efficiency? I am looking for a comparison with the standard plate. I found the HA plate too aggressive and actually have a pretty bad *** scar on my face because of not being careful enough with it, lol. I guess I could say it was a fencing accident…

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and a very Merry Christmas to all.

Andrew

I love the Stirling ST plate as well. Smooth and super efficient.

One razor that I found to be similarly efficient is the Karve OC-D plate. It's not as fun/comfortable as the Stirling ST but I get a close result.

I haven't used the Stirling razor but I find my Yates 921-H to be very efficient and smooth. Not sure how it would compare but maybe worth a look. The H plate provides shave closeness similar to my R41GS but I can use it daily (unlike the R41GS).

The Stirling offering in either the ST or HA plates were quite aggressive for a lot of people. I've never used either but I did follow a pass around on another forum for the razor quite closely and the above is what I found to be average during it...aggressive!! If I was to suggest something that might replace as a similar setup in efficiency it would be either the Muhle R41 and the Icon Tech as I believe those would be the closest to the shave of the Stirling razor from what I've read...

I too sold (and am trying not to regret it) my Stirling. There really was something very special about that standard plate, and the HD was quite a monster; I got a cut when it touched my head at the wrong angle. The Ikon Tek requires the same kind of care, attention, and caution as the Stirling HD. The Muhle R41 is easier for me to use, but not as comfortable as the Karve and Yates 921 H. Although not the same shaving experience as the Stirling, the geometry of the Yates makes it the most comfortable and efficient razor for me.

I would suggested the Karve G plate. I have in stainless and it delivers a very close shave. Haven’t used the Stirling razor but did hear it is quite aggressive.
7D08E97A-A9AD-4E8E-AFFB-48B412A9999E.jpeg

Thank you all for your replies. I had never heard of Karve and the fact that they are Canadian (like quite a few brand now) is a bonus for shipping and supporting my local economy. I am ordering a Christopher Bradly Brass 3.75" OC-F and a G Plate :)

This should be a goo place to start. Thank you all again and Merry Christmas.

Thank you all for your replies. I had never heard of Karve and the fact that they are Canadian (like quite a few brand now) is a bonus for shipping and supporting my local economy. I am ordering a Christopher Bradly Brass 3.75" OC-F and a G Plate :)

This should be a goo place to start. Thank you all again and Merry Christmas.
Good choices. I think you are going to love both razors.

Thanks,

I opted for the 3.75 over the 3.5” I am hoping that I will be happy with the change. The one downside of not being able to actually touch these items in a store before buying.

Very excited to get it and give it a whirl.

Well it arrived today! The 3.75” with both OC-F and SB-G plates were great but I think I found the OC-F actually a tad bit more smooth. Which works for me as I love the look.

I had two tiny nicks with the OC but that was in the neck where that tends to happen to me, so I was not disappointed.

Just trying to see if Chris has polished SS versions coming up. I am definitely getting another one for work.

Thank you for the great recommendations I could not be happier.

Attachments

• F0DEF7B4-8F7B-42D0-B9B8-ED644190C3C7.jpeg
    F0DEF7B4-8F7B-42D0-B9B8-ED644190C3C7.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 16
Well it arrived today! The 3.75” with both OC-F and SB-G plates were great but I think I found the OC-F actually a tad bit more smooth. Which works for me as I love the look.

I had two tiny nicks with the OC but that was in the neck where that tends to happen to me, so I was not disappointed.

Just trying to see if Chris has polished SS versions coming up. I am definitely getting another one for work.

Thank you for the great recommendations I could not be happier.
Awesome, love to hear it worked out! You have a beautiful Karve Razor.
Happy Shaves!

Top Bottom