What's new

Razors made in India?

Have you online link of Diya Razor. I am in small city and here available only cartridge razor
No krish2019!
Sadly it is not available online. Is searched for it, but no results.
Romer,konit brands are available on Amazon,Flipkart
More expensive ones like Parker are also available online. But this is not available.

A number of years ago I purchased a Sabi (India)

Head was similar to de/re89 Muhle/Merkur

Handles were sharp looking and came in 2 lengths.

Not sure if they are still available

proxy.php

Last edited:
I’ve got a Cadet OC made in India that I’m glad I purchased. It’s a beast, super agressive shaver. Handled with care it delivers results like a straight edge. May use it for the next shave!

I never seen this in Indian amazon. Lot of razors made here. But all are exports to Europe and USA. Parker and Pearl nice razors. But it available here (India) in different version or quality. In youtube video, every Parker razors (Variant) marked as INDIA. But I have 3 razors. No mark or letters. Pearl supplies abroad in good plastic container. In India it supplies their products in ordinary cheap paper box !! So, I stick with Edwin Jagger and Merkur.
Do you shave with the packing or the razor ?

The quality of the razors for export and for India is the same . There is no difference in the products.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

A number of years ago I purchased a Sabi (India)

Head was similar to de/re89 Muhle/Merkur

Handles were sharp looking and came in 2 lengths.

Not sure if they are still available

proxy.php
I have one of those that I got years ago at shaveabuck.com. There's still a couple left over here. I'm guessing those might be the last of them.

I have one of those that I got years ago at shaveabuck.com. There's still a couple left over here. I'm guessing those might be the last of them.
These are pearl razors and they are very actively manufactured in India. This model is available. The manufacturer is a friend of mine and he's actively making these razors since a decade and more. The Sabi, initial razorock jaws, mission&mentor, shave a buck, Sabi, cadet, phoenix Shaving (current zamak models) are all made by pearl.

Pearl shaving is an Indian company. They have some excellent products. It is also available on Bay. As far I know they are making PAA prismatic and DOC (NICKEL Plated) for Phoenix artisan accoutrements.

I started shaving with DE razors. My dad who was in the Indian Army gifted me a Wilkinson Sword butterfly razor (Stainless Steel with a black handle) when I was in college and I used it for many years. After numerous drops and years of using it roughly, I think it lost alignment or the parts lost their integrity as I started getting nicks and cuts. So I shifted to cartridge razors sometime in my 30's. I started with twin edge, then triple edge then to Gillette Fusion. I have used almost all of them. But the experience was never the same as shaving with a DE razor. The reason being that I found there was a lot of variation in blade quality between batches. In the same batch one cartridge would give 5-6 good shaves while one would be useless out of the box (yes even with Gillette).

I am right now 46 and I shifted back to DE razors. The other reason for doing so (aside from the quality of cartridges) is the environmental reason. In your teens or early twenty's you don't tend to think too much about the world. But as you near 50s you start wondering what kind of world you are leaving behind. And I happened to read somewhere that 2 billion cartridges are dumped into the environment every year and recycling is very difficult.

I searched online for a good razor. I wanted something that had positive reviews and would last for some years to come (at least). So I purchased a Pearl closed comb razor. I think it is SS-01 close comb. I got it for Rs 259/- or USD 3.40/- which is really cheap. I didnt opt for an more expensive model as I had no experience with Pearl brand.

The razor is great. Its not aggressive. Mild and easy to use. Even newbies can use it even a bit carelessly. Its a lot forgiving. I mean I have been shaving with it for a month and I am not very careful. And I have not nicked myself even once. Not even once. That speaks something for the razor geometry, blade alignment and the blade gap. It gives a good shave in 2-3 passes. Not very efficient but safe. And gives a very smooth shave. I have had a positive experience with it and dont mind trying out other Pearl razors in the future.

I started shaving with DE razors. My dad who was in the Indian Army gifted me a Wilkinson Sword butterfly razor (Stainless Steel with a black handle) when I was in college and I used it for many years. After numerous drops and years of using it roughly, I think it lost alignment or the parts lost their integrity as I started getting nicks and cuts. So I shifted to cartridge razors sometime in my 30's. I started with twin edge, then triple edge then to Gillette Fusion. I have used almost all of them. But the experience was never the same as shaving with a DE razor. The reason being that I found there was a lot of variation in blade quality between batches. In the same batch one cartridge would give 5-6 good shaves while one would be useless out of the box (yes even with Gillette).

I am right now 46 and I shifted back to DE razors. The other reason for doing so (aside from the quality of cartridges) is the environmental reason. In your teens or early twenty's you don't tend to think too much about the world. But as you near 50s you start wondering what kind of world you are leaving behind. And I happened to read somewhere that 2 billion cartridges are dumped into the environment every year and recycling is very difficult.

I searched online for a good razor. I wanted something that had positive reviews and would last for some years to come (at least). So I purchased a Pearl closed comb razor. I think it is SS-01 close comb. I got it for Rs 259/- or USD 3.40/- which is really cheap. I didnt opt for an more expensive model as I had no experience with Pearl brand.

The razor is great. Its not aggressive. Mild and easy to use. Even newbies can use it even a bit carelessly. Its a lot forgiving. I mean I have been shaving with it for a month and I am not very careful. And I have not nicked myself even once. Not even once. That speaks something for the razor geometry, blade alignment and the blade gap. It gives a good shave in 2-3 passes. Not very efficient but safe. And gives a very smooth shave. I have had a positive experience with it and dont mind trying out other Pearl razors in the future.
I really like the look of some of the resin handles on their open comb razors. I'm sure you used to be able to order from their website but it doesn't seem possible any more.

Do you shave with the packing or the razor ?

The quality of the razors for export and for India is the same . There is no difference in the products.

Packing creates a positive first impression. I do hope Indian manufacturers focus on packaging design.

I have been using a Parker 87r for 2 weeks. Nice razor and provides a good shave. I have 2 Pearl open comb TTOs as well. They shave close, too much for daily use for me.

I've got a Parker Semi Slant, but never gave much thought about Indian made blades, until reading a couple of evaluations. Ordered a pack of 50 SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinums & am suitably impressed with the smooth & close shave, as well as the blade longevity. Once I'm done with my sample packs, I'll consider getting a 50 or 100 pack.

I had an open comb Pearl razor which did not work for me. Uneven blade gap and alignment that I just could not mitigate with simple adjustments. Top cap will not sit flush on the curved base cap.
But i had better luck with Parker adjustable. Very simple design but effective and it is built like a tank. On a thinner merkur cap, it flies.

Top Bottom