What's new

Razors and cars

Some clever responses and impressive photos here. An extra doff of the cap to those who actually own the vehicle(s) that correspond with their razors. I hadn't thought of that angle. And I'm obviously not the leading expert here on cars or razors, so feel free to continue outdoing me with your responses.
Edit: I was aware that Karve was made in Canada, and I forgot that I too assigned a Japanese car to a Canadian-made razor. Apologies to my good friends to the north. However, I still won't eat poutine.

Some clever responses and impressive photos here. An extra doff of the cap to those who actually own the vehicle(s) that correspond with their razors. I hadn't thought of that angle. And I'm obviously not the leading expert here on cars or razors, so feel free to continue outdoing me with your responses.
Edit: I was aware that Karve was made in Canada, and I forgot that I too assigned a Japanese car to a Canadian-made razor. Apologies to my good friends to the north. However, I still won't eat poutine.
C'mon now! Razors are expensive enough! :2guns:

My razors have a small company, hand made feel with a splash of opulence.
Just a pity they aren't British.... can't have it all I suppose.

proxy.php

proxy.php

8917522.jpg

This Canadian built Honda Civic Si...a confident daily driver with seemingly millions sold, reliability spanning decades. You know that when you go to use it, it will work every time and it will put a little zip into your routine...I also give you the Gillette Tech Canadian Fat Handle.

Ignoring made in wherever. I think the Karve is more like a Audi R8. High end but not unobtainable in price. A mix of daily comfort and top tier performance,

all these sports cars now what razor would go with this car ?

View attachment 1036008

Vintage Land Rover = Gillette Rocket HD500
Not as refined as an old Aristocrat (Aston Martin DB5), but gets the job done anywhere, any time.

IMG_0191.JPG

1965 Shelby GT350 = Charcoal Goods level 2

Capable of being driven daily, but easily transitions to the track for more serious work, like mowing through a week of head and facial growth.

IMG_0192.JPG

1965 427 Cobra = Charcoal Goods level 3

Not always practical, but a beautiful monster that leaves everything else in the dust!

Not trying to directly compare Carroll Shelby and Brian Twilley, but each had a vision of what they wanted, made it happen, and happened to make some of the most beautiful pieces of hardware in their respective fields.

I never thought of how a razor is similar to cars I like, but for me I guess I would have to say my Merkur 34C HD reminds me of a 1980's Mercedes 240D Sedan.

1574099961177.png

The reason I feel this way is both are German, heavy, surprisingly very maneuverable, and built to last. The Mercedes Diesels are also very slow. The Merkur I have to do a few passes and it just takes a little longer than other razors to get to my DFS sometimes. The slowness also makes this car great for beginners because you have to learn how to drive and drive defensively!

And yes, I have driven one of these sedans (My dad bought it used before I was born, drove it for almost two decades, then I learned to drive in it. I then drove it everyday as a commuter, until I had to move across the country, at which point he took the car back. We still have it, as a matter of fact I drove it yesterday and had a huge smile the entire time. The throttle only knows half and full, so it is a strange car to drive compared to modern cars. It is also amazingly loud and I love the thing. I think we are near 300,000 miles on the original engine, but the third transmission?)

I never thought of how a razor is similar to cars I like, but for me I guess I would have to say my Merkur 34C HD reminds me of a 1980's Mercedes 240D Sedan.

View attachment 1036121

The reason I feel this way is both are German, heavy, surprisingly very maneuverable, and built to last. The Mercedes Diesels are also very slow. The Merkur I have to do a few passes and it just takes a little longer than other razors to get to my DFS sometimes. The slowness also makes this car great for beginners because you have to learn how to drive and drive defensively!

And yes, I have driven one of these sedans (My dad bought it used before I was born, drove it for almost two decades, then I learned to drive in it. I then drove it everyday as a commuter, until I had to move across the country, at which point he took the car back. We still have it, as a matter of fact I drove it yesterday and had a huge smile the entire time. The throttle only knows half and full, so it is a strange car to drive compared to modern cars. It is also amazingly loud and I love the thing. I think we are near 300,000 miles on the original engine, but the third transmission?)
I have had three vintage (70s-80s) Merkur razors and would say while they survive , the Zamak construction is not exactly worthy of the Mercedes comparison.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have had three vintage (70s-80s) Merkur razors and would say while they survive , the Zamak construction is not exactly worthy of the Mercedes comparison.

Being the razor is newer to me compared to the car I will bow to your experience with the razors. (I have had my 34C for about a year and half, where I grew up and drove the 240D for my whole life (31 years) minus 5 years when I lived away from home at Michigan and San Francisco. Now that I am helping my family more I drive the car more again).

Being the razor is newer to me compared to the car I will bow to your experience with the razors. (I have had my 34C for about a year and half, where I grew up and drove the 240D for my whole life (31 years) minus 5 years when I lived away from home at Michigan and San Francisco. Now that I am helping my family more I drive the car more again).
I drive a '99 C230K which is the best car I've ever owned but that may be only because I haven't owned a W123. Not that I wouldn't if I had the $ and garage space.

The Edwin Jagger DE89 is utilitarian like a British taxi. Mine has a Weber Bulldog handle which makes it like a hot rod Anglia.
TaxiCab.jpg

Anglia.jpg

Muhle R89 reminds me of the Volkswagen Passat VR6. Respectable, competent, a little boring... 😄

vwp1.jpg

Also, liable to break down when it gets older. :glare:

Gold Dollar/Jewel shopping cart
B2F15D8F-169D-4C1B-B6AF-26D6EA4FAF53.jpeg

Portland Razor Co. Sprite/Abarth
CEEDEC1F-4CAC-4CD8-8697-B7A0C104371C.jpeg
9A717D50-AB46-474C-98C1-72995BB6D8A9.jpeg

Portland Razor Co. Western Kamisori/Roe Triton LDP
E9A26526-4BCF-4A45-9178-D18F51483A1D.jpeg

720FBCED-54E4-42CA-8105-9AF7D417E161.jpeg

Headblade/Supermoto
DE4C78A7-7244-4A24-A553-2262D15AEF6A.jpeg