What's new

Razorrock Dead Sea - Cannot Get Good Lather

Good day folks,

I am a self taught latherer and my technique is probably different than most but it works for me on all of my soaps with the exception of the Dead Sea.

With all of my other soaps I start with a damp brush, work the soap in the container until my brush gets dry, they wet the brush and work the soap again until it hits the consistency I like. In most cases it is full out lather by this point and then I face and head lather for a minute or so before shaving.

With the Dead Sea I get bubbles immediately and I can never get the consistency I'm looking for. Either it is runny and weak or its pasty and I have to get more soap throughout the shave. Of all my soaps, this is the one I want to work but I can't seem to get there. Hints anyone?

I use a boar brush.

Soak your brush. Squeeze out the water, load, and then slowly add water to the lather until you are at the consistency you desire. To me it sounds like you are introducing too much water too quickly which is causing all the bubbles instead the yogurty lather that most of us tend to like.

Soak your brush. Squeeze out the water, load, and then slowly add water to the lather until you are at the consistency you desire. To me it sounds like you are introducing too much water too quickly which is causing all the bubbles instead the yogurty lather that most of us tend to like.
+1

I tried that last night, probably didn't have enough patients. I love the term yogurty by the way. This is what I get using my method with Ogalala, First Canadian, Proraso, and other Razorock soaps. This one is more of a croap I guess. I will try and hopefully get that yogurty goodness

I tried that last night, probably didn't have enough patients. I love the term yogurty by the way. This is what I get using my method with Ogalala, First Canadian, Proraso, and other Razorock soaps. This one is more of a croap I guess. I will try and hopefully get that yogurty goodness

Sounds like you have some great soaps to use at your disposal. Have to remember sometimes a soap just will not work in your environment, water hardness I think plays a larger role than some people give credit. Hopefully that isn't the case here. Be sure to report back.

I am on town water (comes from Lake Ontario) so no hardness issues; however, my cottage is on a well and makes tough soaps even tougher. I will report back after my next shave.

Top Bottom