What's new

Razorock XXX or Stirling Piacenza?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Stirling especially if you shave with a straight razor, the current formulation is slicker than RR. Both smell about the same.

Cheers, Steve

I've been using Stirling soaps for only a short while, so I'm not overly familiar with all of their scent makeups. The soaps I have from them (Tuscany, Piacenza, Arkadia) are all pretty complex, with no one scent overpowering the other elements. If there is any lavender scent in the Piacenza I can't detect it. More of a mix of florals, citrus with spicy undertones. Like the other two I have, Piacenza is a fabulous scent that is rapidly becoming one of my favourites.

I've been using Stirling soaps for only a short while, so I'm not overly familiar with all of their scent makeups. The soaps I have from them (Tuscany, Piacenza, Arkadia) are all pretty complex, with no one scent overpowering the other elements. If there is any lavender scent in the Piacenza I can't detect it. More of a mix of florals, citrus with spicy undertones. Like the other two I have, Piacenza is a fabulous scent that is rapidly becoming one of my favourites.

Ah great, thanks! Going to try it. Just got the Sharp Dressed Man aftershave in. Great scent, smells a lot like Davidoff Cool Water (although connoisseurs say that they are different)

I like them both but XXX is my favorite of the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly they’re both great soaps that smell wonderful. The biggest difference is the aftershaves if you get the full set. XXX feels much more like a straight forward traditional alcohol-forward splash. Stirling is a bit smoother and more moisturizing. Depends on what you like.

Triple X was the first shaving soap I ever tried in Christmas 2016. Loved the scent. But PIF'd it because it irritated my skin slightly. So I've been really curious about the Piacenza, but I have been hesitant to get it. Maybe one day....

I'll probably get fried for this but I prefer RR performance to Stirling. I've had a couple good shaves from Stirling, and they have probably improved the couple years since I purchased mine, but I just find it an average soap. Not bad just not particularly great.

I have them both and use them both, performance goes to Stirling, they do differ in scent a little but they both equally smell great.

I want to revise this posting as I'm torn between the two soaps. Sounds like Sterling has almost a cult following. I'm considering the lime.

I want to revise this posting as I'm torn between the two soaps. Sounds like Sterling has almost a cult following. I'm considering the lime.
It's a good revisit because at the time the Stirling Soap base was far superior then RazoRock Tallow line that XXX came in at the time, however XXX now comes in the RazoRock Super Formula now which is a Shea Butter/Lanolin/Argan Oil/Aloe base along with the tallow and i believe this base can definitely compete with Stirling. Super Formula is cheaper then the current Stirling base (which might be getting a price hike soon due to pandemic shortages/price hikes)

Top Bottom