What's new

razorock what the puck triple milled shave soaps

Not to hijack this thread, but I bought these soaps several weeks ago and used them exclusively for a few weeks because I read good reviews. The pucks lathered easily, but every time I used one, my face would burn, breakout and feel irritated. Needless to say, I don’t use these anymore, but what could be in these soaps that would cause this reaction?? I haven’t used many soaps, but my face broke out using Cella too. Thank you for your help!

It's possible there's just a little too much of one of the acids or bases used in soap making in these soaps for you. Stearic Acid and Potassium Hydroxide are both very common in soap making and it might just be that these soaps have a little more of one of them than your skin can handle.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock has real good soaps for good prices, they have sales a lot and you can get some great deals IMO.
I have the 3 "What the puck" soaps and I'm still witling them down, I have the Blue barber, Lime & orange and the scents are mid range or better and really lather well for excellent protection.
I like the blue barber the most but the citrus lime and orange are sure nice for different times of the year to change things up when it is -40C outside.:001_tt1:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I have had this for a couple of years and used it once when I first got it and put it in the drawer and forgot about it,
Glad I revisited it today 👍👍👍👍
Outstanding
PXL_20220228_141148296.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Not to hijack this thread, but I bought these soaps several weeks ago and used them exclusively for a few weeks because I read good reviews. The pucks lathered easily, but every time I used one, my face would burn, breakout and feel irritated. Needless to say, I don’t use these anymore, but what could be in these soaps that would cause this reaction?? I haven’t used many soaps, but my face broke out using Cella too. Thank you for your help!

It's possible there's just a little too much of one of the acids or bases used in soap making in these soaps for you. Stearic Acid and Potassium Hydroxide are both very common in soap making and it might just be that these soaps have a little more of one of them than your skin can handle.
If it's only a problem with the Gold puck it could be the activated charcoal?.

Unfortunately, I have had irritation and redness from all 4 soaps. I really wanted to like them since there are good reviews. I will try to see if I can pin down the irritating ingredient(s). Thanks all.

Unfortunately, I have had irritation and redness from all 4 soaps. I really wanted to like them since there are good reviews. I will try to see if I can pin down the irritating ingredient(s). Thanks all.

Try something with minimal ingredients would be my recommendation (insert shameless plug for Canada Shaving Soap). Then try soaps with more and more ingredients. Or if you have one or two soaps that already work well for you, compare whats in them.

Couldn't hurt to try contacting Razorock and asking them if they know what might be causing it too.

The only problem for me is the price. In America where they go for a few bucks a pop its worth it. Here they are well over $20 a puck plus shipping (which is also typically an extra $10). Its a big part about why I also can't justify buying stirling products here. They sell the samples for $10 plus shipping, where they are only a few dollars in america. Price wise, Stirling and B&M, NO, OL, A&E, PAA etc are all very similar.

The only problem for me is the price. In America where they go for a few bucks a pop its worth it. Here they are well over $20 a puck plus shipping (which is also typically an extra $10). Its a big part about why I also can't justify buying stirling products here. They sell the samples for $10 plus shipping, where they are only a few dollars in america. Price wise, Stirling and B&M, NO, OL, A&E, PAA etc are all very similar.
When they are on sale here, the pucks cost less than $2.50 each! Quite a bargain.

As you mention location plays a big part in the pricing of soap.

Kind of wished in some ways I lived in Italy. I would probably have a stockpile of Italian made croaps & soaps if I did.

While WTP is an Italian soap. I'm fortunate to be able to get it at such a great price here in the USA.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have 6 of these soaps and I had them laying around for a while and have not used them in a very long time. I just figured I'm use one of the soaps for a shave and I gotta say, I had a pretty good shave. these triple milled shave soaps smell pretty good to me and they lather pretty easily in my opinion and the 4 pack was very very cheap considering how long each soap will last. if you are looking for a pretty good triple milled soap that lathers easily and smells pretty good and it pretty cheap, look no further than the what the puck soaps from razorock. razorock also sells the same exact soaps in stick form too. I looked around hard on the internet and I could not find a better deal for triple milled shave soaps. razorock has the best triple milled soaps FOR THE PRICE. no question.
I have three of the sticks and they are very good soaps. I use ARKO mostly but use Razorock every couple of weeks. Actually Razorock is my second favorite soap. Long lasting stuff.

I’ve had these in my want to buy list for a while. I need to work down a couple soaps before I buy more—especially triple milled. Do the Razorock WTP last as long as PdP and Tabac? If that’s the case, a 4 pack would last me 2 years.

The WTP soaps are a incredible value for what you get. Perfoemance wise they lather great and are triple milled to last many MANY shaves. Scents are subjective but I really like the Gold and Black soaps, Green is not too bad either and find the newer scents much better than the original 3 scents but that's personal opinion.

Mr Wilson, with almost 30 years of wet shaving under my belt, I can confidently declare that price point has really nothing to do with performance and quality in a shaving soap.

In my current top 5 there are 4 soaps that are either inexpensive or reasonably priced. Only 1 is costly.
What is your top 5, may I ask?

Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Beta 4.3
RazoRock Plague Doctor
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
Cella Extra Extra Bio
La Toja

In the last days I've been using Pre de Provence and the N°63 is up there with the best of them, too.
Thank you, sir!

Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Beta 4.3
RazoRock Plague Doctor
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
Cella Extra Extra Bio
La Toja

In the last days I've been using Pre de Provence and the N°63 is up there with the best of them, too.
Marco, what about Haslinger v2? That is usually one of your top soaps, isn't it?

I didn't have any breakout, but the RR Orange left me irritated.

Top Bottom