What's new

'Razorock' vs 'Wolfman' - Lupo .95 vs ??? (Blade gap)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
this is true, both lupo have more blade feel than the wr2 1.25, but I think that’s the way with the lupo as it was a wr1 knock off which has more blade feel than the wr2

both lupos love Riding the cap whereas the wr2 loves a steep angle

I reckon the 95 is on par with efficiency of the1.25.. but for me the lupos are better in the ATG pass, no so much smoothness but when I go ATG with theWR2 I get weepers every time but not with the lupos

do you go ATG with your WR2? Do you get weepers if u do?

I use a steep angle with my WR2 1.25 SB WTG, XTG & ATG + touchups without weepers or irritation. :cool:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The Lupo is as different from a Wolfman as is a Tech different from a Feather ASD1. Just completely different razors in some aspects. I find the WR1 .80 SB slightly more efficient and with more blade feel than the Lupo .95 -at least for me. The differences are minor but apparent.

I would second that. The Wolfman WR1 .74 is substantially more efficient than the Lupo .72 even though from a number gap perspective it's very close. However, I would prefer to shave with the Lupo simply because it's so much more comfortable and carefree and, quite honestly, efficient enough.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
this is good to have confirmed by two of you.. the 1.25 is such a smooth shaver and amazing except for the weepers around my lip area when I go ATG

might just well be that when I’m this area I’m not going steep enough, will try concentrating more next shave
If I were you, I’d avoid going ATG above the lip. Maybe just some light buffing with and across the grain would get you there without weepers.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Ok, so the lupo 95 and perhaps even the 72 have more blade feel, but...

is the wr2 1.25 more efficient than those? I get the impression that it's a smoother razor but is it more efficient? I gauge efficiency by how long my face stays smooth before I can feel the stubble. So usually 8-10 hrs with my SS Lupos... would the wr2 1.25 top that or about the same, just smoother.

And yes, I am considering a Wolfman simply because it's my nature to never be satisfied. Also, with age my skin unfortunately has become more sensitive. Perhaps the wr2 1.25 would be more forgiving on the post-shave skin feel?
Yes, I find the WR2 to be more efficient (and yet more comfortable) than the Lupo .72.

both lupos love Riding the cap whereas the wr2 loves a steep angle

Use my Lupo 72 at a steep angle riding the bar and the handle almost parallel to my skin.

Extremely smooth and an extremely close BBS that lasts!
YMMV as I will never go back to the tutorial "how to find the angle" methods again. (Lay cap on your face and slowly drop until it cuts hair)
Now I use the guard and go!

No worries with weepers anywhere today, possibly the feather blade.. ATG on the lip was no worries

C926F0C6-9438-4EBA-82E0-48E322DF3AFC.jpeg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The Lupo .72 is my absolute favorite razor. I was hoping to find its better in a Wolfman razor...but I may not. My name will be bubbling up to the top of the Wolfman waiting list soon. I purchased a used WR1 head from a B&B member .74 gap. It's a tad too aggressive for me...much more face feel than the Lupo .72. Still usable, but not ideal. I've been told that my sweet spot would be a Wolfman WR2 in 1.15 gap. But honestly...now I'm not sure. Maybe I should simply get another WR1 in the next lower gap, a .67. it might be the safest thing to do at this point.

Wow! How things change! That WR1 .74 is one of my favorite razors now. I bought a WR1 .80 OC that turned out to be a nice razor, but I prefer the .74 SB. And the Lupo .72 OC is still a regular in my rotation.

Top Bottom