What's new

Razorock teasing a new SE

Although I think this razor will sell fairly well, I think they should've made this to accept an Injector blade. Mongoose introduced the Mingoose that sold fairly well but was, imo, too expensive for what it was. There are a lot of people that have shied away from the A/C format because it was such a wide blade and the Injector blade type would fill that gap better I think than a 1/2 DE type...
Yep, I'd get one that took standard injector blades.

Except the idea of attempting to "snap" a DE blade in half is a bit of a turn off.

I did it regularly with the Focus razor and never had a problem. Snap the blade while it is still in the inner wax wrapper. Unwrap and extract the half-blade. Leave the other half in the wrapper for a subsequent shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I did it regularly with the Focus razor and never had a problem. Snap the blade while it is still in the inner wax wrapper. Unwrap and extract the half-blade. Leave the other half in the wrapper for a subsequent shave.
Is it really that easy? In my mind you are bending it back and forth until metal fatigue sets in and it finally snaps after 10 minutes!

Is it really that easy? In my mind you are bending it back and forth until metal fatigue sets in and it finally snaps after 10 minutes!
In my experience they snap in half with one fold over in the wrapper similar way a CD breaks in half if you try to fold it in half, but with a clean break for the blade I stead of many plastic pieces with the CD.

Try it the next time you change blades in your DE razor. Just put the old blade in the wrapper from the new blade and bend it in half lengthwise. You'll see it will snap in half on the first try.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I probably sound even stoopider than normal to youse guys, but the one time I used a shavette I took the blade out of the wrapper and cut it in half. Less than stellar results, lol.

Yeah, they snap in half instantly.

That said, you can buy half blades.
I agree, but... I find the selection of half blades rather limited. You have the option of using your favorite brand if you snap them yourself. Also, you're not left holding several trucks of half-blades; you only create them from full blades as you need them. Just my 2 cents...

Top Bottom