What's new

Razorock teasing a new SE

might be a half de se??

proxy.php

Well, looks like Joe confirmed with that wink.
I have no interest in a half DE razor. I don't even see where's the innovation Joe talks about. Focus made a pivoting half DE razor two years ago.

Looks like a V2 type Hawk. Might be stainless steel. He posted sometime late last year on Twitter that a new Hawk would be coming out in 2019.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It looks closer to the lens, changing the perception of the dimensions. If that's true, I'd guess it is using Injector blades, but not the Injector system.

If I'm not seeing it correctly, it could be Gem-based, but the blade corners look too rounded.

I'm slightly confused. Are we saying that there are 2 new razors? The one on the left looks like an AC razor, and we're just trying to figure out what the one on the right is?

I was hoping for an injector hawk be he flat out told me it was never going to happen.

I think it'd be really cool to see razors like The General, SE1, Paradigm SE, etc., with injector blades.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Mongoose makes a version they call the Mingoose that was designed to use injector blades. Its a little pricey but has received some favorable reviews. Maggard has them in stock...

Mongoose makes a version they call the Mingoose that was designed to use injector blades. Its a little pricey but has received some favorable reviews. Maggard has them in stock...
Yeah, I have one. It's a good razor. I just think it would be cool to have a nice, light, all aluminum 3 piece injector.

What's the point of a half DE?

Well, in theory, it should be smaller and more maneuverable, so it should fit into tight spaces better. In practice, it should be a great way to either hurt your fingers handling blades so you can cut them in half, or get mediocre shaves because the kind of blades that are sold in half-blade form tend to be things like Derby Extras. Half-DE blades are meant for things like the cheap shavettes that barbers use.

Well, in theory, it should be smaller and more maneuverable, so it should fit into tight spaces better. In practice, it should be a great way to either hurt your fingers handling blades so you can cut them in half, or get mediocre shaves because the kind of blades that are sold in half-blade form tend to be things like Derby Extras. Half-DE blades are meant for things like the cheap shavettes that barbers use.

All blades are sharp, so you have a chance to hurt yourself anytime you handle one if you're not careful... and sometimes even if you are careful.

I use half blades in my shavette. I don't buy the half blades; I use my full DE blades (Astra, Derby, Dorco, GSB, Shark, Polsilver, Super-Max, and Voskhod). When snapping DE blades in half lengthwise, I always do it while the blade is still in the wrapper.

I've managed to get some really great shaves while using a shavette with many different blades. I blame my technique for poor shaves, not the blade. All of the blades mentioned above have worked really well for me. YMMV.

So as not to hijack the thread... I have really been looking forward to the new RR Hawk in stainless steel and will try real hard to buy one whenever it becomes available. The half-DE razor will probably find its way into my shopping cart when the time comes.

I used the focus razor quiet regularly these days and with the vast choice of blades I can get either dfs or bbs with no issues. Oh and I've never been bitten by it. I do put my glasses on when loading a blade though :001_cool:

It would be nice to see another 1/2 de blade razor on the market imho.

I kind of agree, but I’m willing to give it a chance. Plus, there are a few decent half blades: derby premium, lord platinum, permasharp. That’s about it though.

Top Bottom