What's new

Razorock Switch and Lupo are live

BIC Chrome Platinums are my favorite blade in my daily razor, the 6S. Give them a try in your 6C before you toss them, although you might drop down a plate# since the BICs are really sharp.

BIC Chrome Platinums are my favorite blade in my daily razor, the 6S. Give them a try in your 6C before you toss them, although you might drop down a plate# since the BICs are really sharp.
That's where I tried them on my Rockwell 6C. Initially on my every day plates 3, follow by 2 which I also use from time to time with great results. I supposed I could of also tried plate 1 which I've never used. Anyway hope to test my Lupo soon. Maybe tonight or over the weekend.

Just had my first shave with the Lupo & I love it. Razor was very to maneuver & I felt like I couldn't cut myself if I tried. But I got cocky since I was shaving at a pace much faster than usual & got a small cut under my nose. Regardless I was rewarded with a great over-all shave. Could see myself using this razor as my every day shaver. Although it took me a little bit of time to get used to the light weight.

Does anyone have both of the new Aluminum offerings, the RR Luplo and the Timeless aluminum.
I do.
I’ve been using ss/brass razors for years and was skeptical of an Al razor. I bit on the Lupo because of my positive experience with RR, comparisons with Wolfman ($$$omething I’ve been pining for), and price.
A dozen plus shaves was with the Lupo, and they have all been excellent. I really wasn’t expecting that much, but I might prefer it to the GC. It is more efficient than the .68 and less aggressive than the .85. I find it to be very smooth and an easy daily driver for most people. I had no issues with clogging, though the channel is on the narrow side.

I love my ss .95 Sb Timeless. My positive experience with the Al Lupo and the great value of the new Al Timeless led me to pick up another new razor. The .95 is at the high end of my personal preference of razor aggressiveness. I was hoping the new Al would be a bit less aggressive. I’ve found it to be more aggressive than the .95. I did get some minor irritation on my first two shaves. With greater care to pressure, I was able to get some excellent shaves with the Timeless Al. The fit and finish is in the Timeless is great. I would consider this an excellent buy for those with a preference for aggressive razors.
In conclusion, I think these are both great razors and an excellent value buy. I’d recommend the Timeless for those who prefer more aggressive razors and the Lupo to those that prefer a mid-aggressive razor.

The more I use my AL Lupo the more I love it. Has anyone measure the blade gap? And is the blade exposure positive or negative? No specs are posted on the Italian Barber web site.

The more I use my AL Lupo the more I love it. Has anyone measure the blade gap? And is the blade exposure positive or negative? No specs are posted on the Italian Barber web site.
I've wondered that myself, but then again, it doesn't matter to me at the same time, because the Lupo is an amazing razor for me. I would love to have one in SS, hopefully Razorock has it in the works.

I've wondered that myself, but then again, it doesn't matter to me at the same time, because the Lupo is an amazing razor for me. I would love to have one in SS, hopefully Razorock has it in the works.

The only reason it matters to me it's because I'm toying with the idea of buying a Game Changer. If they had the .68 in stock that would be the no brainer but the .84 worries me a bit for every day use. Since my main razor is a Rockwell 6C with plate 3. An SS Lupo would be great but I've gotten use to the light weight of the AL Lupo. Just need to remind myself every time I use it not to apply additional pressure.

I have been shaving with the Lupo for a while now and have actually bought a second one (both Gold) for my home away from home. In reading some of the issues other users are having here, I have come across most, if not all of them, but found some solutions.

The handle is too light: I thought the same thing when I first tried the Lupo, but switching to a RR Stainless handle added weight only at the expense of balance. So I went back to stock handle.

The razor drags: Yep, felt the same in the beginning, but I made two critical adjustments to how I shave with it that have really solved the drag issue...

1) I tried very sharp blades and ended up settling on the Gillette Yellow as my favorite.
2) I started making shorter, faster strokes with the Lupo rather than longer smoother ones.

The combined effect of using a much sharper blade and shorter and faster razor strokes is that I am able to offset the lack of weight that would help propel an SS razor for example by minimizing edge drag and adding momentum manually. This may be too much fiddling for some, but I can eliminate much of the drag that way.

The shave I get from the Lupo/Gillette Yellow combo is possibly the best I have ever had. It is right up there with my Tatara Masamune in that it gets a super close shave while making the skin feel like I had not shaved at all, but rather just "wiped off" the beard. I am a huge fan.

M

Member 113878

The shave I get from the Lupo/Gillette Yellow combo is possibly the best I have ever had. It is right up there with my Tatara Masamune in that it gets a super close shave while making the skin feel like I had not shaved at all, but rather just "wiped off" the beard. I am a huge fan.
Thanks for the tip!
I'm going to take the Lupo off the closet and try out this combo...

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Lupo Aluminum (have never seen one of the Stainless Lupos) is one of my favorite razors. I use the Maggard MR11 stainless handle and Kai blades.

M

Member 113878

Had a great shave with a yellow 7 O'Clock this morning!
I don't mind the stock handle though.
I've been shaving with an alu Tech in the past weeks, and it's even lighter than the Lupo.

M

Member 113878

Tried it with a MR11 handle this morning and it was great.

Yesterday night I was browsing through my spare handles.
I tried a Merkur 33C handle on the Lupo head, but it didn't match, that's strange.
I have an EJ Kevin (or is it Kelvin?) handle I'll try too.
It's a shorter handle.

Top Bottom