What's new

razorock stealth

I say tonight we gather in the town square with torches, pitchforks and hoes. Then head up that winding road to Joes castle on the hill. Who's with me?

Come on guys - give Joe a break. Whatever method he tries, people are un-happy...but he can't do any more.

He releases them as quickly, as they become available, and if you really want one, trust me it is not so hard.

And comparing the RR slant to the Zamac 37c is like comparing a Mercedes to a Kia - only in this case the Merc doesn't cost 10x as much.

They are a quality product that are hand made made piece by piece - for a very good price, so he can't get more than a couple hundred at a time - and releases them straight away.

A couple hundred at a time....are you kidding? More like 10. If it was hundreds there would not be a problem and all the angst.

I've lost my desire for the RR Stealth, I don't even bother looking anymore. I guess setting up a back order list is not an option so screw it I've been shaving for years without a Stealth and I'm just fine.

When Joe published the date of the release, over a thousand people wanted it and he only had 150 or something like that. Hundreds of people were mad at him because they tried to buy them and couldn't. He received such negative feedback and his site was slammed so hard that he quit publishing a date. Now he releases them as he gets them and he gets negative feedback here.

Joe doesn't make these, they are made by a local machine shop. This is a time-consuming and expensive process that the machine shop makes as they have extra bandwidth. This is a machined razor that takes special tooling to make and most machine shops couldn't even do it. It's not a simple as grabbing a CNC machine, throwing in a program and making these by the hundreds.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Joe, but just trying to shed some realistic light on the process.

Most people have jobs that don't allow them to monitor the web site all the time. Why is it not possible to create a back order list and fill orders as the razors come in? I don't care if it takes a year to get one but this sort of practice is unrealistic.

Most people have jobs that don't allow them to monitor the web site all the time. Why is it not possible to create a back order list and fill orders as the razors come in? I don't care if it takes a year to get one but this sort of practice is unrealistic.

I asked Joe about this in one of the monthly IB threads. The answer is that he doesn't like taking preorders. I didn't like that answer much either, though I could understand it and I was fine with waiting until supply had satisfied the quantity demanded to grab one (I'm not going to set up a scraper on the site to buy one during the 5 second windows they're available) since the RRSS is such an interesting concept, but then I impulse-bought one of the well reviewed new Ikon Shavecraft slant heads when wicked_edge posted that it was available and on a limited early bird sale (they're still available, at a slightly higher price). I'll see how that shaves when it shows up at my door tomorrow.

I asked Joe about this in one of the monthly IB threads. The answer is that he doesn't like taking preorders. I didn't like that answer much either, though I could understand it and I was fine with waiting until supply had satisfied the quantity demanded to grab one (I'm not going to set up a scraper on the site to buy one during the 5 second windows they're available) since the RRSS is such an interesting concept, but then I impulse-bought one of the well reviewed new Ikon Shavecraft slant heads when wicked_edge posted that it was available and on a limited early bird sale (they're still available, at a slightly higher price). I'll see how that shaves when it shows up at my door tomorrow.

I have one of the 1st releases of the Stealth, but I had to sit at my computer hitting shift R to get it plus I had it in the basket ready to go. So when they became available I just hit pay. I think I have one of a handful (?) that made it to the UK. I have just checked and I did a review on it 7th May and I had the razor for a week or so. I feel sorry for all the grief Joe must be getting, but a waiting list maybe capped to his production run would be a good idea.
Now shift forward I have followed the Mongoose since hearing rumours about it maybe a year a go. I asked to be put on the list for the 2nd batch, I was accepted. The vendor has kept people informed without promising deadlines. I now have placed my order and will be invoiced as soon as my place on the list is reached. This to me is the way forward, I know I have a razor coming to me and I will be told when to pay for it...........no stress at all..........but the main thing is being able to pre-order it takes away the constant checking of the site and not knowing if I have missed a batch ?

Oh and anyone wanting to do a straight swap, my RR Stealth for your Walbusch B5 (would prefer cased). Feel free to get in touch..........:lol::lol::thumbup:

I have one of the 1st releases of the Stealth, but I had to sit at my computer hitting shift R to get it plus I had it in the basket ready to go. So when they became available I just hit pay. I think I have one of a handful (?) that made it to the UK. I have just checked and I did a review on it 7th May and I had the razor for a week or so. I feel sorry for all the grief Joe must be getting, but a waiting list maybe capped to his production run would be a good idea.
Now shift forward I have followed the Mongoose since hearing rumours about it maybe a year a go. I asked to be put on the list for the 2nd batch, I was accepted. The vendor has kept people informed without promising deadlines. I now have placed my order and will be invoiced as soon as my place on the list is reached. This to me is the way forward, I know I have a razor coming to me and I will be told when to pay for it...........no stress at all..........but the main thing is being able to pre-order it takes away the constant checking of the site and not knowing if I have missed a batch ?

Oh and anyone wanting to do a straight swap, my RR Stealth for your Walbusch B5 (would prefer cased). Feel free to get in touch..........:lol::lol::thumbup:

I have a lovely Walbusch head plastic/Bakelite razor that would be about an equal trade for the Stealth.

I was thinking about another way to sell them knowing the quantities are very limited - lottery. Put all names (who want to buy one) in a hat, pull out as many names as there are razors. If you are lucky you get one else you don't. No stress caused by having to sit in front of a monitor. Feasible or not don't know, but an idea for sure. :001_smile

Anything would be better then the current system. I don't even want one anymore. Life is too short to be jumping through hoops for a razor which I may or may not like. I have all the razors I'll ever need already, this has become ridiculous.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe it: went onto the Italian Barber website on Friday, and the Stealth Slant was in stock! I thought, what the hey, and pulled the trigger. It's en route just now. I live in the UK, so not expecting it for at least another few days, but pretty pleased all the same. I noticed that it was out of stock again, within minutes of me making my order!

Top Bottom