What's new

Razorock SS Lupo DC - first shave review

I'll try to make this quick - for $69.99, 316L stainless, this thing is awesome. Was looking for something to travel with (eventually) and gave this one a shot. Used the OC side for the first pass, the CC side for the second pass, a bit of a touch up and I got a CCS. Hadn't shaved since Wednesday, and it mowed the whiskers down with ease. How does it compare to my Wolfman WR2 1.25? Not as smooth, not as efficient, but that razor ain't leaving the house. Good value. I may order the .72 plate, unless one of you talks me out of it.

IMG_2958.jpg

It sure is an excellent value razor got the Lupo SS 72 and 95 plate for +2 days of growth both are on my top shelf 👌

Attachments

• 20210724_142016.jpg
    20210724_142016.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 27
I don't think we'd be able to keep our Enablers title if we talked you out of it xD

I love the .72. I have the super knurl (I think that's what's in your pic) and HD handles. The super knurl feels nicer in my fingers, but I slightly prefer the HD for maneuverability. If you have one, give it a try and post back!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
You already have a .72 OC and a .95 SB on this one. Funnily, I find both sides to be roughly equal in efficiency, just... a bit different in feeling.

Unless you find the .95 SB side too aggressive, there is little point in ordering an extra .72 plate, IMO.
You might also like the feeling of the GC .84 OC, which I find a bit more efficient than the Lupo DC. JAWS is debatable, I found the OC similarly effective but safer. Maybe for people with really strong beards.

The Lupo DC convinced me that more razors need dual combs. It's nicer in practice than I expected.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I am really having an internal battle with myself. I'm on the Wolfman waiting list and intend to order a WR2 1.15. I've shaved with a WR2 1.25 and it was very good, just a little bit too aggressive for me...so I think a 1.15 will be perfect. All that having been said, my Lupo SS SB .72 is...like magic. It's so good, I'm starting to wonder why I'm even bothering with the Wolfman at all. That's how good the Lupo is...at least...for me.

I'll try to make this quick - for $69.99, 316L stainless, this thing is awesome. Was looking for something to travel with (eventually) and gave this one a shot. Used the OC side for the first pass, the CC side for the second pass, a bit of a touch up and I got a CCS. Hadn't shaved since Wednesday, and it mowed the whiskers down with ease. How does it compare to my Wolfman WR2 1.25? Not as smooth, not as efficient, but that razor ain't leaving the house. Good value. I may order the .72 plate, unless one of you talks me out of it.

View attachment 1331113

You ‘need’ the .72 plate! (And you REALLY NEED the Wolfman!) :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Feel better?

I am really having an internal battle with myself. I'm on the Wolfman waiting list and intend to order a WR2 1.15. I've shaved with a WR2 1.25 and it was very good, just a little bit too aggressive for me...so I think a 1.15 will be perfect. All that having been said, my Lupo SS SB .72 is...like magic. It's so good, I'm starting to wonder why I'm even bothering with the Wolfman at all. That's how good the Lupo is...at least...for me.
I also have the 1.15. It is smoooooooove. You’ll love it. Fit and finish wise, there is no comparison. Wolfman reigns supreme.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I also have the 1.15. It is smoooooooove. You’ll love it. Fit and finish wise, there is no comparison. Wolfman reigns supreme.

I liked what I experienced with the 1.25...but I could tell it was just a little bit too aggressive. I'm not entirely opposed to getting it. Do you have any of the new Stainless Steel Lupo razors?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I liked what I experienced with the 1.25...but I could tell it was just a little bit too aggressive. I'm not entirely opposed to getting it. Do you have any of the new Stainless Steel Lupo razors?
There’s no shame in finding contentment.

Yes, mine is Stainless Steel.

Top Bottom