What's new

RazoRock Son of Zeus and San Valentino

I received my order from Joe today and I have these soaps in hand. The Son of Zeus scent does indeed resemble Terre D'Hermes and it smells fantastic! It also seems stronger than most of the RR soaps I've used.
The San Valentino also smells quite nice, with enough lemon to keep it from being too feminine.
I haven't shave yet today so I'm giving the Zeus a whirl and will report back.

I just finished shaving with Son of Zeus...unbelievable! Same high quality as the other soaps in the KotC line that are argan oil based.

I didn't want to put on an aftershave because it smelled so good.

And for me, it worked up for lather very fast—more so than I've noticed with some of my other soaps/creams.

got mine today too! son of zeus is definitely inspired by terre d'hermes (i.e., it smells great), and the san valentino smells wonderful as well. Saturday is normally a barrister & mann day, but I may have to deviate from my normal rotation.

Last edited:
Aww rats. I was really hoping that SoZ wouldn't be Td'H as it's my favorite fragrance and I am on the 2014 sabbatical.

Both of mine arrived today. Haven't had time to smell them yet. Will bee doing that once I put the kids to bed, which should be soon

The SoZ smells amazing. I could not find the lemon note in San Valentino. Maybe you have to shave with it? Idk all I get is rose.

It's funny, over in the RazoRock Vendor post, every time someone says it's TdH, Joe comes on and says something like "interesting", etc...

I can't tell if he is giving us hints it isn't TdH or what :lol:

It didn't smell like TdH to me. I thought TdH had a little more citrus than SoZ. It kind of reminds me of DRH Windsor WITHOUT the citrus element. Which leads me to believe that DRH Windsor might be a clone of TdH!!!

It didn't smell like TdH to me. I thought TdH had a little more citrus than SoZ. It kind of reminds me of DRH Windsor WITHOUT the citrus element. Which leads me to believe that DRH Windsor might be a clone of TdH!!!

I have not shaved with S of Z, but from the initial smell it reminds me a little of DR Harris Windsor as well.

San Valentino is in the house!

proxy.php

I too received both today and they smell fantastic. Can't wait to try them.

So how "rosy" is the smell. Some people love rose scents, but I bought a tub of Trumpers Rose that I had to sell. It reminded me of a funeral parlor. On the other hand I've smelled some colognes with just a hint of rose, and when mixed with some other scents it added a nice note.

So how "rosy" is the smell. Some people love rose scents, but I bought a tub of Trumpers Rose that I had to sell. It reminded me of a funeral parlor. On the other hand I've smelled some colognes with just a hint of rose, and when mixed with some other scents it added a nice note.

I posted earlier about how I could not pick out the lemon. It is not like T&H Rose cream, which was horrible to me. The jury is still out on whether I am sold on this scent or not. I am trying to be open minded about it, but to me rose just reminds me of grandma. In all fairness I have not shaved with it yet and with the argan oil soaps that Joe has been releasing, that is when the scent really comes out.

Maybe it's my sniffer ( coming off a bad flu here) but I find these 2 pretty similar. I think Speick has a little "TdH formula" hidden too somewhere. Needless to say they both perform extremely well, and SoZ quickly becoming my favourite soap. Warning these 2 are addictive!$tdh.jpg

Son of Zeus lather and performance was awesome smell is great too(I don't have a nose to describe it), my only complaint is that it is not strong or long lasting enough in the sent department (for me). Glad i got 2 tub's of it. Cant wait for the xxx-t to come back in stock to try. I can definitely see what all the RR fuss is about.

Received both today. Son of Zeus and XXX tallow should be bought by everyone for performance alone, but they also happen to have decent scents. Son of Zeus I found to be a muted scent compared to XXX or XX. I got light musk with almond and citrus zests. Not Endymion as near as I can tell in comparing SofZ to my sample of endymion, so assuming it is TdH (though Ive never tried this). San Valentino is an interesting divergence from the others mentioned. considering trying to bribe the wife into wet shaving with this and a lady gillette. I don't know if I could consistently use it…considered BST it with the lot I just posted, but decided to give it more of a chance.

Max

Top Bottom