What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE is an excellent razor

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
sloc-vig-1912-888-640-6-5-18-jpg.888589

Just stumbled across my old post about why I like the SLOC.

Happy shaves,

Jim

It is such a great price point, so it does make for an affordable razor for someone indeed. I was only able to pick the one up from the Italian Barber website with the bulldog handle, but I happen to like that handle, the other three options seem to be sold out all of the time. That isn't really an issue though because for $16.99, you can purchase the complete razor handle and then get on Maggard's and buy an individual handle at an affordable price. That is what I did to acquire the R41, I just bought the head and separate handle and was able to have one for right at $40.
How would you rate the bulldog handle?

So is it pure stainless steel.? It appears long in the photos. I just ordered the sloc and this handle is what they had left, which is ok because it looks classic in the photo.

So is it pure stainless steel.? It appears long in the photos. I just ordered the sloc and this handle is what they had left, which is ok because it looks classic in the photo.
It's fairly hefty, I don't believe that it is pure stainless, but it is a good handle nonetheless, I just have big hands, so prefer longer handles most of the time.

Someone said the head is the same as the YAQI ?

Which Razorock models use this head ? I assume the cheaper ones likes SLOC, Heavy Duty, Mission, Ying & Yang etc ?

The more expensive ones like Hawk, Mamba, Baby Smooth etc use a different head ? Any other differences ?

thanks

Someone said the head is the same as the YAQI ?

Which Razorock models use this head ? I assume the cheaper ones likes SLOC, Heavy Duty, Mission, Ying & Yang etc ?

The more expensive ones like Hawk, Mamba, Baby Smooth etc use a different head ? Any other differences ?

thanks
Only the SLOC uses that particular head. It is the same as Yaqi, except Yaqi offers several different finish options in addition to chrome.

MIssion and Mentor are quite similar to other Yaqi heads.

Old Type, German 37 are unique, I think.

Perhaps best to just refer to their online catalog for the details.

How would you rate the bulldog handle?
It is good, lots of grip. IMHO the HD is better because it is shorter (83mm) and a bit lighter. All the solid stainless steel handles are a bit too heavy, though.

I put a WCS 84s handle on my SLOC. I'm pretty happy with that combo. That is also a shorter handle.

I won this handmade olive wood handle off ebay recently. Not bad for 10 including shipping. I hadn't used my sloc in a while and decided to stick the head on this handle.

I like the combination. Looks pretty cool. Smooth shaver too.

Attachments

• 20191203_200050.jpg
    20191203_200050.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

The razorock stainless handles ARE solid 316 stainless steel.

Recently (3 weeks ago) purchased Yaqi's version of the SLOC. It should be here by Monday (I hope) will be interesting to see the results.

Just stumbled across this thread. Received mine from Italian Barber yesterday. First time using any kind of open comb and I'm amazed at how smooth and close a shave I got, easily best one yet.

Top Bottom