What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE is an excellent razor

My Sloc just arrived! I can't believe they sell this razor with the Bulldog handle for $16.99. Love the weight & finish. Can't wait to try it out!

I just shaved for the first time with the Sloc using an Astra SP. Great shave. Razor is very smooth. I wasn't going to use it today since I just received a 10 5 packs of new blades to try & was going to use my every day razor for this task. A Rockwell 6C with plate 3. Glad I added the Sloc.

I just had a shave with mine today for the first time. Good price with that bulldog handle that’s for sure. Interesting concept, but it’s not better to me than my Muhle R89 one shave in. I will give it a few more go’s before I make a final assessment.

I just had a shave with mine today for the first time. Good price with that bulldog handle that’s for sure. Interesting concept, but it’s not better to me than my Muhle R89 one shave in. I will give it a few more go’s before I make a final assessment.

YMMV. Much smoother and much more efficient than my DE89 (for me).

I've only used my SLOC 2x & was rewarded 2x with a great smooth shave. And compared to my previously owned EJ89, which was returned after acquiring my Rockwell 6C, the SLOC feels smoother & more efficient.

In fact If I wasn't in the middle of trying a whole bunch of new blades using my daily shaver, the Rockwell 6C, I would use it more often. Love the SLOC.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I use the PAA DOC with Feather blades and find that the combination provides a smooth and close shave without irritation.

Have a SLOC on the way and am looking forward to comparing the two.

On my SLOC I have only used Astra SP's. I'm currently trying other blades on my Rockwell 6C. But for the SLOC decided to use a blade I know very well, the Astra SP's.

Was using Gillette Wilkinson Sword in the SLOC for about 4 months, then I found the Gillette Silver Blue and that's it for me. Much smoother.
I just got a Rockwell 6c and I've only tried the GSB in it and it's good in that as well.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
What blades y’all liking in the SLOC?

PolSilver.SI.Cropped..jpg

Would anyone be able to comment on how the SLOC compares to the Merkur Futur? I'm in the market for a razor that is milder than my Futur but about as efficient as the Futur at setting 1. I was planning on buying either the GC Jaws or OC but they're at least $40 more expensive than the SLOC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use the PAA DOC with Feather blades and find that the combination provides a smooth and close shave without irritation.

Have a SLOC on the way and am looking forward to comparing the two.
I have had a SLOC for some time and got PAA DOC Stainless Steel when they recently became available again.

Many shaves with the SLOC and 3 with the PAA DOC SS using Feather and Astra SP blades.

Both give very close excellent shaves. I have not used the "adjustable" feature of loosening a 1/4 turn on the PAA DOC SS as I have not found a need to make it more aggressive with my particular face.

The PAA DOC SS has a large and heavy handle and its fit and finish is excellent.

The only drawback, if that term can be used, is that I find the PAA DOC SS is too scratchy. For me the comb fins provide too sharp a feel on the passes.

I have tried to smooth out the edges ever so slightly by rubbing toothpaste across the edges but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Both razors are great and the PAA is stainless but my personal preference between the two is the less expensive Razorock SLOC.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have had a SLOC for some time and got PAA DOC Stainless Steel when they recently became available again.

Many shaves with the SLOC and 3 with the PAA DOC SS using Feather and Astra SP blades.

Both give very close excellent shaves. I have not used the "adjustable" feature of loosening a 1/4 turn on the PAA DOC SS as I have not found a need to make it more aggressive with my particular face.

The PAA DOC SS has a large and heavy handle and its fit and finish is excellent.

The only drawback, if that term can be used, is that I find the PAA DOC SS is too scratchy. For me the comb fins provide too sharp a feel on the passes.

I have tried to smooth out the edges ever so slightly by rubbing toothpaste across the edges but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Both razors are great and the PAA is stainless but my personal preference between the two is the less expensive Razorock SLOC.

They are both quite good.

If you compare the heads side by side, they appear to hold the blade at different angles.

Would anyone be able to comment on how the SLOC compares to the Merkur Futur? I'm in the market for a razor that is milder than my Futur but about as efficient as the Futur at setting 1. I was planning on buying either the GC Jaws or OC but they're at least $40 more expensive than the SLOC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I don't have both but at one time I was interested in a Futur. I've read on this site the Futur is an aggressive adjustable razor even at it's mildest setting. Also the size of the head is large. Which makes maneuvering the razor is tight spot tricky, like under your nose.

I prefer mild efficient razors & the SLOC work great for my needs. If you are interested in trying a SLOC $16.99 is the starting price, which for this razor is a STEAL!

If you compare the heads side by side, they appear to hold the blade at different angles.
Yes, now I see that. The PAA DOC does have a much greater curve than the SLOC.

The PAA DOC is actually shaped more like a Razorock Baby Smooth than the Razorock SLOC.

The strong degree of blade bend and subsequent increase in tension on the blade in the PAA DOC may be designed so that the "adjustable" 1/4 turn aspect functions without the head becoming loose.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The strong degree of blade bend and subsequent increase in tension on the blade in the PAA DOC may be designed so that the "adjustable" 1/4 turn aspect functions without the head becoming loose.

Good point. I had not thought about that as the reason for the difference.

After decades with one razor, a Superspeed that started to disintegrate that I retired the SLOC is my go to. I have two. One with the radio knob handle and one with the barber pole handle. Very, very smooth and very close shaves.

Top Bottom