What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE is an excellent razor

the SLOC is one of my all time favourites in my collection. I have 2 as due to wanting a barber pole handle and the only way to get at the time was to buy a SLOC razor. i definitely like having 2 given the price point. Easy to use and a guaranteed high performer. It also looks totally badass.

Shaved with the SLOC for the first time this morning and DAMN what a smooth shave. There are only two of my razors that can compete on smoothness with this razor...my RR GC68 and my Fatip Gentile. But the SLOC cuts closer than either of those two. It is a pretty efficient razor but feels like there is no blade in the razor. It think that with the 316L handle, this is one of the smoothest and best value razors in the market currently.

Shaved with the SLOC for the first time this morning and DAMN what a smooth shave. There are only two of my razors that can compete on smoothness with this razor...my RR GC68 and my Fatip Gentile. But the SLOC cuts closer than either of those two. It is a pretty efficient razor but feels like there is no blade in the razor. It think that with the 316L handle, this is one of the smoothest and best value razors in the market currently.
It really is my favorite razor, and what a steal at the price. I haven't bought any more razors since using it and it's pretty much my go to always.

I'm still greatly enjoying this razor, now maybe a year into it. :thumbsup:

It's my "mild" razor, with my Piccolo as my "regular" (medium) razor, and my R41 with the 70mm Yaqi Handle as my occasional "aggressive" razor.

I find Feather works best in it, as it raises the SLOC's efficiency, but still keeps its relatively benign nature.

I really like the aural feedback I get with my little SLOC, too. And while ordinarily higher auditory feedback usually implies a harsher shave, as can be seen with the R41, this really isn't the case with the SLOC. It remains pretty smooth. Not perfectly smooth, as in my "Fatip OC smooth" standard, but it's not greatly far-off despite the high auditory feedback levels. It might be louder than my DE89, but yet it remains far smoother (and more efficient/closer shaving).

Last edited:
steffenapelz, I can't remember if the subject came-up in a prior discussion we had, but have you tried a Fatip OC head? In my humble opinion, the Fatip OC head surpasses the Gentile head in terms of smoothness.

Not that the Gentile head is harsh, it's not, but rather that I find the Fatip OC head to be near magically smooth. I believe I can say it's the smoothest head of the maybe dozen I've tried.

I'm new to DE razors & have only used a EJ89 which I returned when I received & used my newly acquired Rockwell 6C. I plan to buy this razor but Italian Barber should make a better distinction as to which picture is for which handle. Can anyone of you guys help me?

I know pictures 7 & 8 are for the barber pole. But pictures 1-6 I have no idea. Although not a fan of the handle in pictures 3 & 4.
RazoRock SLOC Double-Edge Safety Razor – ItalianBarber
Thanks

I'm new to DE razors & have only used a EJ89 which I returned when I received & used my newly acquired Rockwell 6C. I plan to buy this razor but Italian Barber should make a better distinction as to which picture is for which handle. Can anyone of you guys help me?

I know pictures 7 & 8 are for the barber pole. But pictures 1-6 I have no idea. Although not a fan of the handle in pictures 3 & 4.
RazoRock SLOC Double-Edge Safety Razor – ItalianBarber
Thanks

Pictures 1 and 2 are the Bulldog handle.

Pictures 3 and 4 are the Bamboo handle.

Pictures 4 and 5 are the Radio knob handle.

And, 6 and 7 are the Barber pole handle.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I like my Razorock SLOC so much I bought one for my son last Christmas knowing it would be gentle enough for a Newbie & to get his skill level up so he can enjoy other razors of traditional shaving.
Good choice for a razor.
Have some great shaves!

Pictures 4 and 5 are the Radio knob handle.

And, 6 and 7 are the Barber pole handle.

This must have been caused by my crossed eyes, along with being half in the bag this morning. Of course, the photo numbers should have been:

Pictures 5 and 6 are the Radio knob handle.

And, 7 and 8 are the Barber pole handle.

Does anyone know how the aggressiveness of the Sloc compares to an EJ89 or a Rockwell with either plates 2 & 3. I mainly use plate 3 but also get great shaves using plate 2.

steffenapelz, I can't remember if the subject came-up in a prior discussion we had, but have you tried a Fatip OC head? In my humble opinion, the Fatip OC head surpasses the Gentile head in terms of smoothness.

Not that the Gentile head is harsh, it's not, but rather that I find the Fatip OC head to be near magically smooth. I believe I can say it's the smoothest head of the maybe dozen I've tried.

It hasn't come up here, but I own the Grande (OC) as well. For me, the Gentile is much smoother than the Grande. The Grande, despite being less aggressive than the Mk1, is VERY aggressive and requires a feather-lite touch for me.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
To me aggressive means prone to biting me.

I do not think efficient and aggressive go together (are not necessarily the same thing at all). The Fatip razors are not prone to biting me. They are efficient.

I find the Gentile a bit less efficient and a bit smoother than the Grande (Mk2 or Mk1), but there's not all that much difference. To me all the Fatips are very good razors and tremendously good for what they cost. The Mk1 is the best of the lot, but that does not mean it's all that much different from the Gentile.

I use all of them at steep angles (at the design angle or steeper). My blade is a Polsilver.

I'm also a big fan of the SLOC. I think it's a wonderful safety razor. Anyone having trouble with other safety razors would likely be well served by buying one and by learning to use it (the learning curve is an inch high and an inch and a half long).

It hasn't come up here, but I own the Grande (OC) as well. For me, the Gentile is much smoother than the Grande. The Grande, despite being less aggressive than the Mk1, is VERY aggressive and requires a feather-lite touch for me.
Now isn't that interesting. I find the MK-II (current) Fatip OC smoother than the Gentile SB head. In fact, I rate the Fatip OC as the smoothest shaver I've got.

Maybe we're getting confused on the terminology. Because I will admit the OC does have more "blade-feel", which I believe is a different parameter than "smoothness". Because mine is smooth as pie.

Also I don't really find I have to take much care shaving with my Piccolo, either. It's not a mild razor, but I don't find it particularly aggressive either. I'd rate it middle to moderately over-middle in that regard. Maybe a 6 or 6.5.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I love the sloc as well. I first tried the original PAA Doc, and hated it. The last time i shaved with the Doc, I did 7 full passes and still couldn’t get a decent shave out of it. So I was hesitant to buy the sloc. But I was enabled by the good reviews, especially those that said it was a better shave than the Doc. I can say that the sloc is definitely a good shaver and works much better for me than the Doc.

Top Bottom