What's new

RazoRock SLOC DE is an excellent razor

I used my recently purchased Razorock SLOC this morning and am so pleased with this thing. It provides such a slick, close, smooth shave. I don't know if it has to do with the open comb cap and more water/lather infiltration, but man this thing is nice.

Has anyone else been pleased with this razor. Oh, and the price on this thing, $16.99 from Italian Barber, it's a highly affordable razor that does a wonderful job IMHO.

Is it a mild or efficient razor I had my eye at it for a while but I was told by Joe's that my razor was the most aggressive one so I haven't acquired it yet.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Is it a mild or efficient razor I had my eye at it for a while but I was told by Joe's that my razor was the most aggressive one so I haven't acquired it yet.

I find it to be very smooth and efficient. It just seems to glide really well, and like I had mentioned, not sure if it has to do with the open comb cap, but something with this razor seems to work well with me. At such a low cost, if you purchase and it doesn't work for you, you aren't out that much either.

I do like aggressive, as I have an R41, but this one is more of a daily user to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Agree and yes it is!

Cool looking; hopefully the Self Lubricating Open Comb works - all wet razors do. Some TTOs retain water in the same way ... anyways, congrats on a nice-shaving razor.

AA

Agree and yes it is!

Cool looking; hopefully the Self Lubricating Open Comb works - all wet razors do. Some TTOs retain water in the same way ... anyways, congrats on a nice-shaving razor.

AA
Thank you, and sounds like you have tried this particular razor also? If so, is it in your regular rotation?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Thank you, and sounds like you have tried this particular razor also? If so, is it in your regular rotation?

Yes and yes! It's in the "only out through boredom of excellence" rotation.

Shaves are excellent; right in the sweet spot for me.

and I have, ah, four boxes of razors. I think. Plus the rack.

AA

Yes and yes! It's in the "only out through boredom of excellence" rotation.

Shaves are excellent; right in the sweet spot for me.

and I have, ah, four boxes of razors. I think. Plus the rack.

AA
Glad to hear it is a keeper with you also, Razorock DE's have to be some of the best values in wet shaving. I also have the Razorock 37 slant and love that thing to, and they can be had fairly affordable also.

Huge fan of mine, I have given a few away because I consider it to be such an excellent razor at such an affordable price.

For those (like me) who can find it too mild, shimming works very well.

And for those who already have an abundance of handles, the Yaqi Melon (same as RR SLOC) head is available on Ali for $7 shipped.

Huge fan of mine, I have given a few away because I consider it to be such an excellent razor at such an affordable price.
It is such a great price point, so it does make for an affordable razor for someone indeed. I was only able to pick the one up from the Italian Barber website with the bulldog handle, but I happen to like that handle, the other three options seem to be sold out all of the time. That isn't really an issue though because for $16.99, you can purchase the complete razor handle and then get on Maggard's and buy an individual handle at an affordable price. That is what I did to acquire the R41, I just bought the head and separate handle and was able to have one for right at $40.

It is such a great price point, so it does make for an affordable razor for someone indeed. I was only able to pick the one up from the Italian Barber website with the bulldog handle, but I happen to like that handle, the other three options seem to be sold out all of the time. That isn't really an issue though because for $16.99, you can purchase the complete razor handle and then get on Maggard's and buy an individual handle at an affordable price. That is what I did to acquire the R41, I just bought the head and separate handle and was able to have one for right at $40.
Also you can get quality and relatively inexpensive handles especially when they have specials at West coast shaving.

Bought one and love it. Got 5-6 really excellent shaves with it and only moved on because I had a couple razors I wasn't using, and then a Piccolo came in.

I'm going to finish out the month with the Fatip and maybe go back to the SLOC.....that one was the most effortless to me; could buff with that thing no issues, nice tight shave. Awesome razor, especially for the price.

Love my SLOC. Probably my favorite razor and the one that cuts closest and has the least chance for nicks. Tried the Parker Variant and liked how well it shaved but have a bit of an alignment issue. Don't have to worry about that with the SLOC.

Love my SLOC. Probably my favorite razor and the one that cuts closest and has the least chance for nicks. Tried the Parker Variant and liked how well it shaved but have a bit of an alignment issue. Don't have to worry about that with the SLOC.
I love mine to, and probably my favorite to, it just shaves so well for me. It's quite a still at the minimal cost. I ordered some of the Yaqi DOC razors and have not received them yet, but once I receive those, if they perform as well as the SLOC, my razor purchasing will probably cease for a long time.

Went back to mine this week. It's a very nice razor, and has become my preferred DE razor.
I just seem to get the best, smoothest shaves with mine. I don't know how much I buy in to the top open comb cap and the possibility that the transfer of lather and water makes a difference in a better, smoother shave, but it seems to make all the difference to me.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Gotta have SLOC pictures, gentlemen.

6-7-18.640.Manchurian.SLOC.Barberia.JPG

It's a very very nice shaving DE razor. I like it a lot with a Polsilver blade. Plus, it's very good looking and cool.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Gotta have SLOC pictures, gentlemen.

View attachment 977320

It's a very very nice shaving DE razor. I like it a lot with a Polsilver blade. Plus, it's very good looking and cool.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Nice Picture, I do need to get a good one posted. Have you tried any of the Yaqi doc razors/heads? I have seen some info that they made me the same exact head, just different companies. I won't know for sure until I receive them in the mail hopefully sometime soon.

Passed the RR SLOC on an RR SS handle to my youngest son as his first DE. That is a testament to my faith in its shaving ease and efficiency.

I kept the Yaqi on its very short plated brass handle.
FAEFBB98-6446-4458-829D-C7D3476D4FED.jpeg

The PAA nickel DOC is probably my favorite of the three similar modern slotted cap razors.

Top Bottom