What's new

Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze Shave Soap

Got this in a trade - I'd never heard of it but found that Nick Shaves did a video on it.

OMG this is good stuff! Best performer overall and the scent is second to none. My kid loves the scent so much she sniffs me after a shave :)

Do yourself a favor and look into this soap

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Santa Maria del Fiore is Joe's rendition of the famous and more expensive Santa Maria Novella. The two behave similarly, but I give a slight edge to SMdF in terms of slickness and post shave feel. One of those rare cases where the rendition surpasses the original in performance, regardless of price-point.

Santa Maria del Fiore is also one of my top 2 picks from RazoRock along with The Dead Sea. Amazing. :thumbup:

Santa Maria del Fiore is Joe's rendition of the famous and more expensive Santa Maria Novella. The two behave similarly, but I give a slight edge to SMdF in terms of slickness and post shave feel. One of those rare cases where the rendition surpasses the original in performance, regardless of price-point.

Santa Maria del Fiore is also one of my top 2 picks from RazoRock along with The Dead Sea. Amazing. :thumbup:
Who is Joe?

Just a bit of shame that the container is glass . I don't think glass is that helpful as container material. I like that they are 250ml though!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Another great rendition from Joe is his P.160. I was one of the testers of it before it went in production and I was literally blown away by its quality. It was 100% faithful to the original, so if you love traditional Almond scented soft soaps from Italy, this one is for you.

Just a bit of shame that the container is glass . I don't think glass is that helpful as container material. I like that they are 250ml though!
The container isn’t glass, it’s a hardened plastic that look like glass. I have The Dead Sea and have dropped it in the bathroom a few times.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Great review. I had a sample of SMN a year or so ago and it blew me away. I've been curious about the RR version but havent pulled the trigger yet. Joe says that in warm weather SMdF is not good to ship because it separates. Maybe next spring...

I have both SMDF and The Dead Sea and love them both. I actually like the glass jars. I also have the matching after shaves for each. These soft soap lather easy and smell great. I would encourage anyone to try them both.

Another great rendition from Joe is his P.160. I was one of the testers of it before it went in production and I was literally blown away by its quality. It was 100% faithful to the original, so if you love traditional Almond scented soft soaps from Italy, this one is for you.

Unfortunately, P 160 is one of the very few soaps that irritate my eyes and skin. Other almond scents have not been an issue.

Top Bottom