What's new

Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze Shave Soap

Wondering if anyone else's RR SMdF is crystalized. Not sure if that would be the correct term. I have had it for quite some time and I believe it came that way. Its visible when looking at the soap. Would include a photo but not home right now. When I'm lathering I sometimes I get these little chunks (crystals) on my face so they don't break down when face lathering. I've been meaning to send an email to Italian Barber to see if that is normal or if something went wrong with the soap but after seeing this thread I thought I would throw it out there.

Wondering if anyone else's RR SMdF is crystalized. Not sure if that would be the correct term. I have had it for quite some time and I believe it came that way. Its visible when looking at the soap. Would include a photo but not home right now. When I'm lathering I sometimes I get these little chunks (crystals) on my face so they don't break down when face lathering. I've been meaning to send an email to Italian Barber to see if that is normal or if something went wrong with the soap but after seeing this thread I thought I would throw it out there.

I think I know what you're talking about. It looks unlike any other shave soap I've seen, kind of has a mottled appearance. It reminds me of unrefined coconut oil. I bowl lathered with it and didn't get any residual crystallized material in it though, so maybe try that with it?

Have had several soaps that have had this "crystalizing" issue and believe it to be Steric Acid from what I have been told. It doesn't effect performance and does not mean the soap has gone bad so no worries there, I wonder if carefuly cooking it Double Boiler style or perhaps using a electric whisk would help. I know another fourm member Primo used a Coffee Strainer and was able to strain out the "Grains" of a different soap so it is possible to get rid of them if it bothers you enough to go through the trouble of correcting the issue.

On a side note, have a tub of SMDF I have been wanting to use recently and will perhaps bust it out for tomorrow's Mnethol Monday shave! Havent used it in a while and tend to get my thoughts of various RR formulas confused a bit as there are a few available over the years and they vary quite a bit IMO.

Top Bottom