What's new

Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore alternatives

After using it in rotation with a lot of other soaps, I've almost finished my tub of Razorock's SMDF cream/soap. I absolutely LOVE the scent profile but feel like the lather dries a bit too quickly compared to my other favorites. (I mainly rotate MdC soaps and a handful of others)

I've identified some possible alternatives but they seem to be on the soft soap/cream side:

- Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba
- Tcheon Fung Sing Tabacco Verde

I was wondering if there are any harder soaps that have the same green/fresh tobacco note AND the menthol/eucalyptus note?

Thanks!

You can get a new tub of SMdF. Just add a few drops of vegetable glycerin into your lather, then it should not dry out as quickly.

Last edited:
vito's tobacco is nice, has some eucalyptus, no menthol however.
it's a cream, but hardened over time in the jar.
not sure if still in production.
otherwise i'd recommend the santa maria novella, which is hard to beat, imho.
in any case, have you tried Alt Innsbruck cologne?

vito's art of shaving joris alt innsbruck march 5 2020.jpg

vito's tobacco is nice, has some eucalyptus, no menthol however.
it's a cream, but hardened over time in the jar.
not sure if still in production.
otherwise i'd recommend the santa maria novella, which is hard to beat, imho.
in any case, have you tried Alt Innsbruck cologne?

View attachment 1192894

Interesting, this might be exactly what I'm looking for in a fragrance. The Santa Maria Novella Tobacco Toscano edt lacks the menthol/eucalyptus note that I'm looking for. Will check whether any samples can be found online or if I can find it locally, thanks!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Santa Maria Novella! It has been my go-to soap in 2020. The scent is outstanding, although light. The performance is outstanding too.

Top Bottom