What's new

Razorock Razor - more efficient than the Wunderbar!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The image below was originally found on facebook. It's a bit blurry but what it communicates is awesome...

For efficiency hogs like me, Razorock now offers a razor more efficient than the Wunderbar.

The Lupo 0.95!!

Who will buy one first???

FB_IMG_1610404048511.jpg

I have the 0.95 en route. I also have the wunderbar and its supremely efficient. I am not sure if efficiency can be increased beyond a point by mere increase in the blade gap.

I also have the Karve Christopher Bradley razor with G plate which is 1.36 mm with 0.25 mm positive exposure. Amazingly smooth and efficient. The geometry allows automatic cruise control at such a blade gap!

The RR chart speaks of increased blade gap and aggression not efficiency

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I have a .95 in route. :)
Same here. I think lots of us do. I’ve never tried a Wunderbar (or any slant, for that matter), but I love my GC84. Looking forward to trying both the .95 and .72 Lupos.
I have the 0.95 en route. I also have the wunderbar and its supremely efficient. I am not sure if efficiency can be increased beyond a point by mere increase in the blade gap.

I also have the Karve Christopher Bradley razor with G plate which is 1.36 mm with 0.25 mm positive exposure. Amazingly smooth and efficient. The geometry allows automatic cruise control at such a blade gap!

The RR chart speaks of increased blade gap and aggression not efficiency
The Wunderbar is quite efficient. If the 0.95 is more efficient than the Wunderbar, this should be a treat. :)
OK, I have two Wunderbars (they are different), a GC 84 JAWS, a GC 84 OC, the G37, and an ECO. This is one of those FB personality tests, right?

I didn't know there was a Lupo DC!
Lupo DC head only on order. OK, I just flunked another personality test. Thanks, @CzechCzar !
And, the real question, did you buy it before or after I posted this thread? :c1:

The image below was originally found on facebook. It's a bit blurry but what it communicates is awesome...

For efficiency hogs like me, Razorock now offers a razor more efficient than the Wunderbar.

The Lupo 0.95!!

Who will buy one first???

View attachment 1207392

The photo seems to overlap with my experience. If Lupo will turn out to be more efficient than Wunderbar at almost half the price, well then it's a no-brainer for me. I'm anyway not convinced slants have the powers that are usually attributed to them, guillotines and what not. No disrespect meant.

I do not equate “aggression“ with “efficient” in a direct correlation. To me (ymmv) aggressive is the opposite of smooth.

I have experienced smooth razors that were efficient and some that are not. The WB when handled properly is very smooth and efficient as is the Fine Slant. The 🦊 gets high marks for smooth (with a tiny blade gap) and excellent efficiency.

I also have experienced efficient razors that leave me raw no matter the technique due to a large gap and poor blade support. These I call aggressive.

I’m interested how the Lupo will shave 🧐 but for me unless it is a laser or teleportation device for stubble I’m not sure how the WB can be topped.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The photo seems to overlap with my experience. If Lupo will turn out to be more efficient than Wunderbar at almost half the price, well then it's a no-brainer for me. I'm anyway not convinced slants have the powers that are usually attributed to them, guillotines and what not. No disrespect meant.
I do not equate “aggression“ with “efficient” in a direct correlation. To me (ymmv) aggressive is the opposite of smooth.

I have experienced smooth razors that were efficient and some that are not. The WB when handled properly is very smooth and efficient as is the Fine Slant. The 🦊 gets high marks for smooth (with a tiny blade gap) and excellent efficiency.

I also have experienced efficient razors that leave me raw no matter the technique due to a large gap and poor blade support. These I call aggressive.

I’m interested how the Lupo will shave 🧐 but for me unless it is a laser or teleportation device for stubble I’m not sure how the WB can be topped.
"Aggressive" versus "efficient" is certainly the question! My favorite razor, a Yaqi Top Cap Slant, is extremely efficient, though not particularly aggressive. Same with the Wunderbar.

I am reading between the lines here, but I think since IB put the Wunderbar so high, the Lupo 0.95 will be high on the efficiency list as well.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

It will be most interesting to see how the Lupo 0.95 stacks up to the Wunderbar. :)

20200916_145459~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Wunderbar (Ikon SE 90mm handle)
Blade: Silver Star (5)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Knot)
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Classic Match Blue EdT Spray (Belcam version of Polo Blue)

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Wunderbar is a great razor - really efficient and effective. The Silver Star blade really complements it.

Really nice shave! :)

There are other things to take into account than "aggression." I had a GC 0.84 which I found to be as rough as a badger's very rough bits. Yet my Hawk v3 on the standard plate, is invariably smooth and almost mild.

I have just taken delivery of the A plate and will be using it, VERY carefully, layer this week for the first time. It was sold to me by a gentleman in Australia, who prefers the OC plate which he said was far more aggressive, than the A.

Update: The Lupo is sold out. Now I am gonna be living vicariously through you guys.

I want you to tell me that it shaves awfully. I don't want to have another razor I have to get.
I ordered a .95 lupo today with the ugly match, but titanium, DLC handle. Maybe the added some since your post.

Top Bottom