What's new

Razorock Pre Barba Pre Shave Gel?

Just wondering if any of you guys had tried this new product out yet from Italian Barber. I was perusing the website today and came across it. First I'd heard of it. I've tried their Artisinal Lime Preshave Soap as well as their Essential Oil of Lime Shave Oil (as a preshave,) and I'm HOPING that my wife got me some of their Essential Oil of Lime Shave Lube for Father's Day. I like the other products quite a bit, but didn't know if this would be different enough to justify purchasing. Sounds like it'd be a winner though. Thoughts?

http://www.italianbarber.com/razorock-pre-barba-pre-shave-gel

Also, interested in thoughts on this as I have some on order. I've never used a pre-shave so I'm looking forward to trying this out...

Well after using "Pre Barba" for the past week or so, I can say that I'm diggin' it! My skin is uber sensitive so if I skimp or shortcut my prep, my shave always suffers. Here's my current routine:

Shower - This step includes washing my face with Zirh Clean face wash, rinsing after a minute or so, then Razorock Artisinal Lime pre-shave soap (which I leave on my face whilst washing the rest of my body.)

Once out of the shower, I get the hot towel that I've put in the steamer before getting into the shower and put it on my face for as long as it stays hot. I then apply a nickel to quarter sized amount of the Pre Barba to my face. Then I bowl lather whatever soap or cream I'm using. Whenever my lather is ready to go to my face, I splash a little more hot water onto my face and proceed to lather and shave.

I've had some excellent shaves since using this method. ATG seems to be less irritating, which is a really big deal with my wiry, dense, thick beard. Maybe the biggest benefit that I've noticed since using the Pre Barba is the increased slickness that it seems to add to the shave, no matter what soap or cream I may be using on a given day.

All in all, I'm pleased with the Razorock Pre Barba. It may not be a "game changer," but it's definitely worth the $5.99 that Italian Barber sells it for. Much prefer it to Proraso pre-shave cream.

I have been using it this week as well and am still debating about the results. How do you think it stacks up agains noxzema? I love the way noxzema performs on my face, but dread the smell when I start to lather

I have been using it this week as well and am still debating about the results. How do you think it stacks up agains noxzema? I love the way noxzema performs on my face, but dread the smell when I start to lather
I haven't ever tried Noxzema, so I can't say one way or another. Another thing that I dig with the Pre Barba is that it doesn't smell like anything at all. Scent of lather is completely unaffected by it.

I personally like it way better than noxzema. I find noxzema to gunk everything up.

Well, I tried my pre-barba with this morning's shave and I have to say, I'm ultra impressed. I literally couldn't even tell that I was shaving, it was that slick!

I should mention though that I've not used a pre-shave gel prior to this, only an exfoliating scrub. This begs the question, what other questiknable decisions have I made in my life?!

I cracked open a bottle of this today. Thought it was quote nice and easy to use .

Super slick stuff and I'm liking it so far.

I am on my last pre Barba bottle. I thought I had enough but only had a 5 year supply and now it seems tough to rebuy. I liked the bottle dispenser vs the finger jamming into a prorasso jar.

Top Bottom