What's new

Razorock Plissoft ?

I'll keep an eye out too in order to see how this works out. I hate the Plissoft on my Razorock 400. I just generally dislike synthetic knots. I've heard extracting these knots out of the RR 400 is pretty difficult, but love to see if this works out.

I once asked RR if they would sell me a handle without a knot. The response was no.

I know I have not posted anything... but I will be taking this on as soon as I can clear a weekend.
I was thinking a 2 band badger from Maggards.

@Rhody thank you, I was eyeing up the orange and matte black handled ones.

Great, thanks for that - you're not a fan of synths anyway! I was inferring from the thread that perhaps the Plissoft was a particularly bad knot, so thanks for explaining.

I'm still very much a beginner and bought my son's RR 400 a while back, when a comfortable shave was still a rare thing for me. It's only recently I've learned how to produce a really comfortable lather, so I'm aware that perhaps I'll yet be disappointed with the performance of a Plissoft synth (in comparison with my two favourite brushes I use at present, boar and silvertip). Hence the question :) I have one synth already, a Muhle travel brush that is pretty dreadful.

/OT :)
I think it's fair to say that the RR plissoft brushes have many fans. I am one, though I have badger and boar brushes too. They are a great value for the money too. If I was being totally honest, I'd concede that my Semogue boar brush would be my favorite, but it just takes too long to dry out completely, especially in warm, humid weather. Longer than badger, far longer than synthetic, and most importantly, more than 24 hours, ime. So I'm not eager to try more boar brushes, though I'm sure the OP will end up with a fine one.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Every shaver has individual preferences and brush type is one of them.

I really like synthetic brushes. Others don't.

Th RR-400 is a huuuuuge brush. My preference runs more to a 24mm - 26mm knot. Cashmere is probably my favorite synthetic knot.

YMMV

Th RR-400 is a huuuuuge brush. My preference runs more to a 24mm - 26mm knot.

I would be surprised if the RR 400 is bigger than a 24mm knot. I think it's pretty much "average" sized.

If you want big and you like Razorock, get the Chubby or the Hulk. I have the Hulk, with it's 34mm knot. It really is too big, but it was too cool to pass up. That said, I wouldn't mind getting rid of that dang Plissoft knot in that too.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I would be surprised if the RR 400 is bigger than a 24mm knot. I think it's pretty much "average" sized.

If you want big and you like Razorock, get the Chubby or the Hulk. I have the Hulk, with it's 34mm knot. It really is too big, but it was too cool to pass up. That said, I wouldn't mind getting rid of that dang Plissoft knot in that too.

My apologies, I was thinking of the F-400 which has a 34mm knot.

My apologies, I was thinking of the F-400 which has a 34mm knot.

Yeah, that's a big knot. It's the same as is in the Hulk. I bought it as a novelty, but when I use it, I end up with lather all over my head where it doesn't belong. It's hard to lather my sideburn area without ending up with lather in my ear. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom