What's new

RazoRock P160 Issue

I recently received a sample of RazoRock P160 and tried it for the first time yesterday. While the scent and the performance were fine, I had a heck of a time with the water solubility of the soft soap. Not knowing what to expect, I settled on a silver tip brush and opted for a bowl lather over my usual face lathering. No matter what I did, small chunks of the product remained suspended in the developing lather, swirling around and around by my brush action. They wouldn't break down despite all of my efforts. I got enough quality lather for my shave but a fair amount of product was wasted due to this issue. Next time I will opt for a boar brush and face lather.

Anyone have recommendations?

Did you load the brush in the original container or scoop some out into the bowl? I always load in the container and have not had any problems with chunks of soap yet. I Use a badger brush as well.

I don't think it's the brush. Well depending on what kind i guess. My thater silvertip will lather anything as fast as any boar.

I've had the same problem with hard croap sample's, too. I ended up rolling the samples into small balls, and mashing them into the bottom of my bowl. I've never had the problem with cream or hard soap samples, just the dough-ish croaps.

I've had the same problem with hard croap sample's, too. I ended up rolling the samples into small balls, and mashing them into the bottom of my bowl. I've never had the problem with cream or hard soap samples, just the dough-ish croaps.
Nothing worked

Did you load the brush in the original container or scoop some out into the bowl? I always load in the container and have not had any problems with chunks of soap yet. I Use a badger brush as well.
I didn't have the original container. The sample came in a 1oz jar.

Try face lathering! Once I got into face lathering, I threw out all my bowls.
I usually face lather but elected not to this time when I got a look at the consistence of the croap.

Try the MARCO Method of loading your brush
Couldn't do this because I didn't have the full size container.

This is exactly why we don't and will never sell samples, the experience is terrible.
Don't get me wrong. I loved the scent and the performance that I got out of the lather produced. It was just a lot of work getting there. What lathering method do you recommend for your croaps?

Nothing worked

I usually face lather but elected not to this time when I got a look at the consistence of the croap.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the scent and the performance that I got out of the lather produced. It was just a lot of work getting there. What lathering method do you recommend for your croaps?

My guess is you might have taken out too much. Try using less. I use a silvertip and I soak it then wring it out then face lather. I splash my face with hot water then lather and if it needs water I dip the tips of my brush in the hot water and keep go I ng until I like the consistency.

My guess is you might have taken out too much. Try using less. I use a silvertip and I soak it then wring it out then face lather. I splash my face with hot water then lather and if it needs water I dip the tips of my brush in the hot water and keep go I ng until I like the consistency.
I only used a dime sized pat...shouldn't be too much, right?

Nothing worked

Marco method, loading from the jar.

i have always loaded my brush from the containers no matter what soap or croap i use. the soft soap is plenty hard enough to load from the container i think its easier as well.

I only used a dime sized pat...shouldn't be too much, right?
No, not too much. I am confident if you liked the soap's scent and performance otherwise that you would love a whole jar. Loading from the jar will not give the chunks that you spoke of with a sample. It is a great soap in my opinion. Very affordable and I have never had the same problem you experienced loading from the jar.

I use Marco's method as well as loading with a less wet brush when I'm in a hurry. I always face lather. I have only tried a couple Razorock soaps, but I really like P. 160!

Best wishes whatever you choose to do.

When I use samples, I remove a pinch from the sample container and rub it around inside a salsa bowl until there's a thin layer everywhere. Then I lather up, it works every time.

Top Bottom